Orders Up! Place your orders!

Post about Let's plays and streams.
vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Orders Up! Place your orders!

Post by vampiricdust »

"Welcome to Orders Up! Orders Up!is an up and coming intergalactic industrial powerhouse. Join me on my journey from a small base camp factory to an industrial machine processing supplying new world construction efforts.
I'm happy to bring you a series based on building viewer provided orders. Slow periods will be supplemented with randomly generated orders from a script. Be building in more specialized factories tailored for their purpose so that way I can have dedicated facilities.

To place an order:
Just leave a comment on the video or a comment here. I'll track the orders & their status. Orders will be considered done once fully produced and stored in chests specifically for orders.

What's a good order?
It comes down to how long it will take to make. I welcome the challenge, but if it takes 2 years to make, better subscribe and stay tuned. Probably best to stay under 100k of anything small, but things like Rock Defense would be under 10 per order. I'll be tracking how much of everything I can make and how many orders I can fill.

Mods:
Lime's Compact Power Utilities - Made by Lime. Adds more powerful solar panels for more resources
Default Request Amount - Made by Martc. Changes default request amounts to 1.
Fully Automated Rail Layer - Made by Choumiko. Adds the amazing FARL.
TiTaN's Mod - Made by TiTaN. Adds more drills & ore storage.
Tree Farm Lite - Made by drs. Adds farming of trees & plants.
Tree Farm AC - Made by drs. Adds coke production, fertilizer production, and biomass.
UpGrade - Made by Yareczek and Tardan. Adds longer underground belts to the game.
Blueprint String - Made by DaveMcW. Converts blueprints to & from text strings.
Peace Mod - Made by Vachu. Completely removes biters and adds in an alien ore to make Alien Artifacts.
Orders Up! - Made by VampiricDust. Made this mod so I can make small stack items into items with greater stack sizes (like blueprints...) [Added after Ep 11]
Tree Collision - Made by skomick. Reduces the collision box so you can easily pass through trees. [added in Ep 31]
Alien Plant - Made by SuperSandro2000. Adds in alien trees that produce alien artifacts. [added in Ep 31]
Last edited by vampiricdust on Thu May 21, 2015 10:24 am, edited 9 times in total.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Orders Up! Place your orders!

Post by DaveMcW »

99,999 blueprints. Image

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Nice idea mate! A few questions first, then I will place my order below. :)

Is there a max amount of orders one person can place at once, or in a given time?
And can orders be for just raw materials (so like 50k iron and copper plate) or does it have to be stuff that is actually crafted/built?

Anyway here is my order, be prepared it is large. And for fun I have included a bit of a story behind it :p

As the CEO of a big Mining and Manufacturing (as well as some *other*... Stuff) company, we have been commissioned to find and secure as many resource zones as possible to start harvesting from as soon as possible.
There are several big projects planned for the new planet you have landed on, and it is my companies job to secure the build sites and gather the resources necessary, so the projects can get under way ASAP!

As such, I am hiring a sizeable group of mercenaries to help secure the hot spots and elimante any alien resistances or rebel forces. So we need to supply these men with gear, weapons and transportation, as well as the equipment to begin strip mining.
Here is my order, I do hope you can fill it. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the items or amounts I require:

Military Supplies:
500 Automatic SMGs
A minimum of 50 clips per weapon. Preferably as much as your factory can make as I'm sure we will need it!
20 Armored Cars
10 Tanks
10 Power Suits MK1
2 Power Suits MK2
20 Exoskeletons and 20 shields mk2 to go in the suits
14 Arc Fusion Reactors
100 clips of Piercing Ammo per Car and Tank
50 Tank Shells per tank

Mining Equipment:
200 Mining Drips Mk1
50 Mining Drills MK2
500 Lights
100 Medium Electric Poles
500 Normal Belts
250 Steel Chests

Misc:
500-1000 Walls
350 Laser Turrets

I realize this is a very large order, but I have the utmost confidence that you and your factory are capable of such a task!
Thanks!
Image Image Image

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

@DaveMcW
Order accepted and production will begin when research is finished for blueprints.

@Xterminator
Thanks! Questions are always welcome.

There's no limit per se, but there are limits to how much I can make so quickly. Large orders will take time until production is expanded enough to make them quicker, so your order may take many episodes. You can order anything I can make, mod created items included. The story is awesome, I love it.

I will be most proud to provide you with first rate equipment and offer the unique opportunity to watch the building of order and the facilities to achieve your goals. I would be happy to have a regular supply of ammunition made available in your endeavors. Once the facilities are prepared and your order is filled, I'll provide a regular supply of ammunition available as well as replacement equipment. Here at Orders Up! we understand the challenge hostile aliens present and want you and your business to be profitable with minimal losses. As such, I would also like to extend a repair pack supply of 1k to keep your equipment in top shape in appreciation of your order.

Your order is accepted and production will begin as the facilities come online.

aRatNamedSammy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by aRatNamedSammy »

The Vanilla Lovers Group :mrgreen: have recently suffer some massive assault from native on that newly colonized planet, and need a new site for relocation of the Main Base. Scout's have confirmed sight of a perfect spot, but it is far in the Dark Mountains Region. The Main Base could be easily defended due to some natural barrier, but ressources are pretty sparse. We need:
For Main Base and Outpost's Perimeters
-12000 Walls
-400 Gates
-3000 Laser Turrets
-250 Radars
-1000 Medium Pole

Transportation
-12000 Straight Rail
-4000 Curved Rail
-150 Locomotives
-400 Wagons
-4000 Solid fuel

as well , we need a convoy for the big move

-150 Tanks fully loaded with 300 Solid Fuel, 1000 Cannon Shells and 2000 AP Rounds, and an extra 500 AP Shotgun/500 Destroyer Capsules (in case the driver need to walk a bit :o )

once done, our engineers will disassemble the base, and use the trains to carry all, slowly but surely, under cover of the convoy, to the new base site.

btw, our Food supply can last for a maximum of 3 weeks, or our civilians will die of starvation, or become bitters dinner :shock:

... (cough)... SO, did you accept the order? :mrgreen:
Teeth for Two (so sorry my bad english)

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

@aRatNamedSammy
Your order is accepted, but it will take a bit of time before I can build the order. While I work quickly to fill the order to minimize losses, we hope you can hold out until they are finish. I do have a question, is the "300 Solid Fuel, 1000 Cannon Shells and 2000 AP Rounds, and an extra 500 AP Shotgun/500 Destroyer Capsules" per tank or the total?

aRatNamedSammy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by aRatNamedSammy »

per tank..

btw, dont take too much time on paint job, recent scouts signals proximity of massive amount of bitters behind the forests we will cross, we expect to lose some...
once The Train launch, he wont stop, survivors from exploded tanks have to be to..emm.. well, how to say that softly .. try to survive without getting dismembered prematuraly :mrgreen:

Our Engineers are very happy for your good news, they will start to disassemble the less important part of the Main Base.
Their family too, they now think theres maybe a chance we wont end as worms fest. :shock:
and particularly ME, i was wishing anything to give to these stup**** civilians who was good to nothing except praying a nonsense god since some spitters had break our power grid defenses and forced us to evacuate.

:evil: How to prepare an evacuaation when noone work..HOW!!!... :shock: ...
emm .. sorry!! :oops:

Thank you very much for your help in this delicate situation :D

lol that make me think, a kind of challenge mode could be interesting if it could be integrated in the game :lol:

---
(p.s.: if my bad english sound bad.. very sorry ) :roll:
Teeth for Two (so sorry my bad english)

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

My client needs 20 empty oil barrels ASAP

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

aRatNamedSammy wrote:per tank..
Damn that is going to keep you very busy, Vampiric. :D That is an enormous amount Haha I suspect it will take like 30 episodes just to fill his order...

Also, do you complete orders in the order they came in at, or just kind of all at once, or?
Image Image Image

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

@aRatNamedSammy
I have it down for pet tank, just wanted to be sure. That order will take a bit, but I'll see if I can get it.

@Klonan
Your order has been accepted and should be done in the next episode or two.

@Xterminator
Indeed, which was my hope. I know it'll be slow in the start, but it would make it interesting.
I want to do them in order, but I realize that orders like Klonan's will be done first merely cause it's small and quick to do. Orders like yours and aRatNamedSammy are large enough that I'll have to build whole factories for them so it'll take me awhile even if they're first.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Interesting idea, and shame on you for not backing up your Oil Raider save, must have hurt :o :D

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

Choumiko wrote:Interesting idea, and shame on you for not backing up your Oil Raider save, must have hurt :o :D
I know! It stings a lot. Sad part is I have an external hard drive just for this reason. Didn't even occur to me until the drive was formatted.
I thought the idea had merit. If the series does well, I intend to make a website for orders as well as a mini game to go with it. Plus the challenge of filling orders will put a new twist on the game play.

Ep 1 - Ground Base
Ep 2 - Expanding Science Factory

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Yay finally episode 2. :D A website and mini game would be pretty sick! Also I was day dreaming the other day and my mind start going over that little snippet of a story that went along with my order, and I have a ton of ideas to expand it... So I am thinking of writing a much longer story based off the same idea and including some stuff from your series with your permission of course. :)
Image Image Image

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

Go ahead. I was originally going to hold off doing this series until I could get a friend to play with me. Figured multiple people filling orders would be interesting as well as easier to manage. My main inspiration for this has been Scott Manley's Interstellar series for KSP. I really enjoy Let's Play with a story to give purpose and reason to everything.

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

Ep 3 - First Completed Order

Orders Completed:

Klonan - 20 Empty Barrels.
Please let us know if you and your clients need any further items.

Thank you for your patronage.
Sincerely,
Vampiricdust - Orders Up! CEO

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

vampiricdust wrote:
Orders Completed:

Klonan - 20 Empty Barrels.
Please let us know if you and your clients need any further items.

Thank you for your patronage.
Sincerely,
Vampiricdust - Orders Up! CEO

Many thanks from the boys on the field, the barrels will really came in handy.

Me and the lads are going on a oil hunting trip next week.

If you could provide us with 2 cars we would be most grateful!
we're out to see who can find the most oil so we'll need some 4 pumpjacks
and a 10 solar panels to power them.
We'll also need about 25 pipe and 18 pipe to ground.
I think 1 assembly machine will be enough,
Alongside a dozen or so power poles.

And we'd also like 8 raw-fish for dinner.

Thank you very much in advance

Klonan - Klonan&Kids CEO

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

Ep 4 - Tree Farm Cultivation

@Klonan
You're welcome! Your order is accepted and will be ready in time for your hunting trip.

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

madac83
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by madac83 »

Hello Mr Vampiricdust. My company has been contracted to build a city.....that's right a full city. We have the way to get the materials needed. But due to odd circumstances we are unable to secure the work force needed. So we would like to place an order for 5000 construction bots and 2000 logistic bots. You have come highly recommended by a member of our staff and would hope that you could help us out.
Last edited by madac83 on Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

@madac83
Your order has been accepted. Would you like a starter pack of 4 Roboports to hit the ground running?

Ep 6 - Renewable Fuels

Return to “Videos”