Post by Arenem »

Whiskey + this = good night

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: FishSandwich's Factorio playthroughs

Post by FishSandwich »

Arenem wrote:Whiskey + this = good night
Yeah, it's kind if dull in the start(even for me). I'm sure it'll get better when I'm being attacked on all sides and panicking like mad. :p

Club Sandbox
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Club Sandbox »

Hi Fish, thx for your Lp glad to see a compagnion who like HC !
~ French Fan site community, manager my : Sandbox YT channel (Eng sub still WIP) ~

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Club Sandbox wrote:Hi Fish, thx for your Lp glad to see a compagnion who like HC !
Thanks!

Guys, part 3 is out. :D Where we get some decent automation going for the foundation of the base.

Worse. Build. Ever! - Factorio 0.10 "Hard Mode" #3

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Part 4 is out, where we automate the process of getting red and green science packs!

Getting That Research! - Factorio 0.10 "Hard Mode" #4

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Part 5 is out, where we work on the basics for our laser turrets!

Working for Laser Turrets! - Factorio 0.10 "Hard Mode" #5

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Part 6 is out, where we drill oil to get our batteries for our laser turrets. :D

Oil for Battery for Laser - Factorio 0.10 "Hard Mode" Playthrough #6

PS. By the way guys, due to the turret bug I'm going to be putting this playthrough on hold. Hopefully the bugfix for that will be out Friday so the next video in this series should be out Saturday. I'll be doing daily videos for the F-MOD series in its place.

bonob
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bonob »

The steel coming onto the iron/copper belt is because you used the coal belt to carry iron plates up. A steel furnace consumes iron ore slightly faster than the drill can supply, so when it's empty, the coal inserter might catch an iron plate and the furnace start producing steel.

Great series! The turret bug also applies to laser turret? If not, you could continue with 0.10.0 actually..

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

bonob wrote:The steel coming onto the iron/copper belt is because you used the coal belt to carry iron plates up. A steel furnace consumes iron ore slightly faster than the drill can supply, so when it's empty, the coal inserter might catch an iron plate and the furnace start producing steel.
Haha thanks for that! Was wondering how that happened. :P
bonob wrote:Great series! The turret bug also applies to laser turret? If not, you could continue with 0.10.0 actually..
In my experience playing on other saves it does also affect the laser turrets, so I can't continue it in this situation. :/

Turtle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Turtle »

Start another Let's Play! This time with the LEAST amount of manual labor - Factorio: The Lazy-man Way . All parts must be made by machines. You could take it a step further, if you want, and make machines make other machines so your character doesn't have to. So before doing anything, you'll have to stop and consider what would be the least amount of effort for your character in order to craft whatever it is you need. I thought about doing this myself, but my PC lags when I fraps... need to upgrade.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Haha okay. I have two Factorio series running at the moment, F-MOD and when they fix the turret bug the "Hard Mode" series will be back. I also have another series running for Walking Dead. You want me to run another? Are you trying to kill me? :P

But yeah, I like the idea though, I will definitely consider it for my next series. Maybe for 0.11.x?

Turtle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Turtle »

I only mentioned it so you can do it as a "while-we-wait-for-turret-patch" series.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Turtle wrote:I only mentioned it so you can do it as a "while-we-wait-for-turret-patch" series.
Well, there'll hopefully be a patch for the turret bug tomorrow, so that series will restart. I DO like the idea, but maybe later. :p
Last edited by FishSandwich on Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marconos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Marconos »

Been watching your episodes. You haven't had too much problem yet with the turret but YET :D

Looking forward to some more episodes to see how you transitions to the later games when the bugs really start spawning on ya.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Marconos wrote:Been watching your episodes. You haven't had too much problem yet with the turret but YET :D

Looking forward to some more episodes to see how you transitions to the later games when the bugs really start spawning on ya.
Haha thanks! Hopefully 0.10.1 comes out today, I'm anxious to get back to my "Hard Mode" playthrough.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Sup guys. ;D Part 7 of the "Hard Mode" playthrough is out, with the new patch we can get back into the game.

Getting Back in the Game! - Factorio 0.10.1 "Hard Mode" #7

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Sup guys. ;D Part 8 of the "Hard Mode" playthrough is out, we're getting into making the ingredients for blue science packs.

Blue Science Pack Ingredients! - Factorio 0.10.1 "Hard Mode" #8

Also part 5 of the F-MOD mod playthrough came out yesterday. ;D

Copper up to Scratch! - Factorio 0.10 F-MOD #5

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Guys, part 9 of the "Hard Mode" playthrough is out! We expand copper, chop trees and get attacked a lot. :D

Copper and Trees and Biters, Oh My! - Factorio 0.10.1 "Hard Mode" #9

Also part 6 of the F-MOD mod playthrough came out yesterday. ;D

Power Expands! - Factorio 0.10.1 F-MOD #6

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

I'm looking forward to when you get to the real F-Mod stuff (i.e. - things which are different from vanilla Factorio).
I'm too lazy to try mods myself, but I am curious to know what their content is :)

Oh, and I think you left a gap in the wall in the north-western part. There are a few small lakes (more like puddles, really) where I believe biters can sneak in.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

sillyfly wrote:Oh, and I think you left a gap in the wall in the north-western part. There are a few small lakes (more like puddles, really) where I believe biters can sneak in.
Thanks! Missed those, lol.

Return to “Videos”