The Hydra Dilemma - A Coop Factorio Playthrough!

Post about Let's plays and streams.
JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: The Hydra Dilemma - A Coop Factorio Playthrough!

Post by JoshLittle »

@xterminator:
Use it, please
12:40 is hard to understand (for me), but I think that was meant to be a comment about my comment which you apparently still misunderstand. But who cares...

For the rest I make a little quiz:
  • The stuff in which types of chests are counted in the logistic system?
    provider and storage
  • Where is the stuff not counted?
    Examples: Steel/iron/wood/smart/requester chests, while being on transport with robots, before picked up by robots from chests that would normaly count, in the player inventory, in chests outside the reach of the (same or connected) orange area, ...
  • How many miners (without modules) are needed to reach the capacity of a slow belt?
    9? :lol: It seems to be not a full number. To fill two slow belts 44 miners are around right, but even with a sophisticated compacting technique sometimes it stucks a bit and sometimes there is a single gap. So around 22 miners for one slow belt.
  • Which influence has the length of a belt to it's density?
    None!
  • If the existing amount of liquid is balanced into a new storage tank, how many additional liquid is all tanks if the new tank "is getting filled up quiet quickly"?
    Short answer: Nothing! Longer answer: shurely are a few units getting pumped in because of the full pipes and the machines at the other end, but not that quickly. After the balancing in a few seconds the amount of free room in the tanks has increased by the room the new tank gives.
  • If a slow belt is not completly filled, how many more stuff is transported after every tile of the belt is made out of fast belts?
    Nothing! Speed doubles, density halves, same amount of stuff is arriving at the end as before! If more stuff should arrive, put more of it on the belt. That's the only way!
  • What is a bigger waste of ressources? To make
    fast corners
    or to
    speed up the whole belt
    ?
    A fast corner is never a waste of material. A faster belt most of the time.
Bonus question with a pic:
What difference makes the insertion of this splitter
Answer
If your belt feels too long, your wall is just too short :mrgreen:

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Definitely coming off a bit caustic there JL.
Also, neither of those belts in the pics is actually balanced, they're just resistant to overflow on one of the sides.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... <2st gear> wwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... <3rd gear> WWWWwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... <full brake> iiiiieeeeeeeek.... :o

A big biter in blue uniform is standing at the side of the road and winks with a red blinking dipper to halt the car.
He comes along to my side.

He is speaking with a quite deep voice, a bit difficult to unterstand: "Bitaaa polissss... cann youuu pleassss giff meee yoooo driffing leisssssensss?"
Me: "Ahh... aehhhhmmm... uhhh, ah... ww-wwhat?" :shock:
Biter policeman: "Yooo drifffing leissssensss! Pleassssssssss." :|
"Ahm. Yes, Sir. Of course.", I begin to dig around in your car... 'This car has just too many stacks', I think. "Any problem with my car? It was just repaired some minutes ago!?", I ask, while I'm searching the papers. :?
"Noooo prrrrrobleeem. Routineeee cheeekkkk." :geek:

Successfully I found my Factorio Player Licence.

"Here it is", you said and gives it to the biter policeman. You notice his name plate, 'Biter Policeofficer Mr. Skkkaaaaaaaszzzrzzzzshhsh', "... Officer Skkkaazzzzsshhhhhhhh." :ugeek:
"Skkkaaaaaaaszzzrzzzzshhsh", he corrects me "Butttt no prrrrobleeem, mosssst huuumaaaannn caaanottt sppeeeekkkk theee shoooorrrrt 'r'." :roll:
Then he watches my licence carefully. "Thissss leisssensss isssn vaaaaalliiid anymore.", and he eats the license. "Pleassss gooo off carrrr!" :twisted:
I jumped out of the car, fast enough, before the biter policeman begans to eat it.

After he was finished with that, he told me, that with multiplayer there where too many car-accidents, so that the developers had changed the rules: The Factorio Player Licence is now not longer enough to drive with the car. To drive a car it is needed to re-make the Factorio player licence 2.0 and the new Factorio Driving Licence, Class C, which allows me to drive a car - the tank needs class T and costs much, much more - I cannot afford it now.

Btw: Here are some of the questions, they asked me for the Factorio Player Licence. I hope that helps, when you need to re-make your licences. :)

PS: Now I'm again allowed to play this game!! :) But it was hard, I need to watch about 25 hours of some obscure series on youtube to learn all the answers to the questions...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DerivePi »

ssilk wrote:I need to watch about 25 hours of some obscure series on youtube to learn all the answers to the questions...
Well, when you're done watching your obscure series on youtube, you should come back and rewatch the Hydra Dilemma :D

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Lmao, ssilk, where did that come from? Best post in the topic.

Junion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Junion »

Ok he gets a few claps from me for that too :P...

He he he thank you for some needed levity :).

FKODgaming
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FKODgaming »

New video: http://youtu.be/4afqs_H3vY0

Sorry about the mic quality. My audio producer has been canned.

Thanks for watching!

Junion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Junion »

FKOD: Nice work on getting the quick and easy fix to the problem you were dropped off at, I personally hate robots going that long a distance for something that constantly needs to be done, but its a quick fix, with that said, on to what the rest of your episode was pretty much about.
Yeah its needed
Interesting episode..but everyone is starting to get a bit listless..not sure what to do..how to do it, etc. Unless they come in with a frame of mind to 'blow up some alien scum'.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Junion
FKOD
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Zengief
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zengief »

I am just waiting for the moment when the two short oil trains stop running well because one engine ins't getting fueled anymore.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Heh, indeed. Fortunately, for them, they were using full loads of solid fuel.

Junion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Junion »

N9103

FKODgaming
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FKODgaming »

n9103 wrote:
FKOD

I was referring to how close we are getting to the end of the series.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Well, the term doesn't really have anything to do with reaching a conclusion.
"The End is Nigh" or somesuch would be much more applicable.

Pardon my nit-picking, but I've a background in artillery, and that's a term you don't want to hear, since it can lead to fratricide.

FKODgaming
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FKODgaming »

n9103 wrote:Well, the term doesn't really have anything to do with reaching a conclusion.

Pardon my nit-picking, but I've a background in artillery, and that's a term you don't want to hear, since it can lead to fratricide.
Actually, I do as well. I was FDC for 10 years. Small world. I was just playing on the fact that it's getting close, and it's 'rocket artillery' and all that. I promise I wasn't trying to annoy you, though. If I was going to do that, I would say "repeat" over and over. :P

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

FKODgaming wrote:
n9103 wrote:Well, the term doesn't really have anything to do with reaching a conclusion.

Actually, I do as well. I was FDC for 10 years. Small world. I was just playing on the fact that it's getting close, and it's 'rocket artillery' and all that. I promise I wasn't trying to annoy you, though. If I was going to do that, I would say "repeat" over and over. :P
:roll:

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

FishSandwich wrote:Lmao, ssilk, where did that come from? Best post in the topic.
Some thoughts going on in the background of my mind since this post https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ice#p17555
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JoshLittle »

n9103 wrote:Definitely coming off a bit caustic there JL.
Also, neither of those belts in the pics is actually balanced, they're just resistant to overflow on one of the sides.

Martc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Martc »

Junion wrote:
Yeah its needed
I don't know why everyone think that cleaning the belt will improve the situation. If right output of splitter is blocked all ore is going to left output, where is completely consumed before it reaches end.
So adding long inserters just cause that more ore will go to right and fewer to left, no improvement at all. I don't count very very short improvement on the start, it don't even worth the material used to build long inserters.

JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JoshLittle »

@martc: Never heared of infectums "drive it around the block to make it more"-trick? ;)

Return to “Videos”