Xterminator vs. FishSandwich! A PvP style Youtube series

Post about Let's plays and streams.
Marbles
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Xterminator vs. FishSandwich! A PvP style Youtube series

Post by Marbles »

If you put enough of those two shot worms around his main base, he will be unable to recover as he can't reach his supplies anymore without dying, as he doesn't have any armor or anything.

Might break the series though :/

Wenihal
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Wenihal »

But he could start new base from scratch in a new place (it's possible to start without anything in your inventory).

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Next two vids are up!

My perspective: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCLsi6Wd3PI

Xterminator's perspective: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3VfRxcaLIY

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

cathril wrote:Oh yeah!! First kill has happend!!

Its in favor of mister Xterminator (like i predicted) :P
But Hopefully Fish is able to pick up some pace to have a nice and clean comeback!

I must say that you both are still thinking small. Since you both have all tech allready why no think big.. Create large smelting area's etc.
TBH i think that is the way to go. Because you need those science packs ASAP.
Haha yeah! :D Funny thing is, I didn't even mean to kill him. Oh well, happy accident. ^^

Yeah I kind of agree. I wanted to build my normal big smelting setup, but I think we both are doing it kind of small right now to safe time. I felt a big rush to get things going before he attacked, and I didn't want to spend the time or resources to get a big fancy setup going. Hopefully a bit later once we have defenses and such we can do that. :D One main concern I have though is oil... We each seem to only have like 2-3 oil fields even remotely close to us, and I don't think the are even that good of ones. So blue science packs might be a bit of a problem...
Marbles wrote:If you put enough of those two shot worms around his main base, he will be unable to recover as he can't reach his supplies anymore without dying, as he doesn't have any armor or anything.

Might break the series though :/
Funny enough, I thought about that today, and wished I had done something to that affect. xD But your right, it probably would of just ruined the series.
Wenihal wrote:But he could start new base from scratch in a new place (it's possible to start without anything in your inventory).
True, but he would be so far behind, he would probably never catch up.
Image Image Image

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

As it hasn't been posted yet: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... lay#p36482
Quite old, but I don't see how/why it wouldn't still be compatible, as it's very basic.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

n9103 wrote:As it hasn't been posted yet: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... lay#p36482
Quite old, but I don't see how/why it wouldn't still be compatible, as it's very basic.
Thank you! I was trying to find this!

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

an advanced search that used "time" for the term, and searched only topic titles found it pretty quick.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

FishSandwich wrote:
n9103 wrote:As it hasn't been posted yet: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... lay#p36482
Thank you! I was trying to find this!
Oh nice, that will he a nice addition. Plus it will help me keep time haha :p
Image Image Image

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Next 2 videos are up on both channels! :D

My point of view: http://youtu.be/FKFB49ocWzQ
Fish's point of view: http://youtu.be/ChEPwTnunHs

Hope you all enjoy! :D

P.S. Unfortunately the Time Display mod won't work in Multiplayer. :(
Image Image Image

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Piranha »

Just finished watching the 6th episodes, watching dual screen and enjoying it a lot.

My few suggestions:
-As n9103 suggested the time display would be great, I noticed you said it doesn't work in multiplayer but with a little convincing I feel like the mod maker would try and help you guys out.

-Without the time mod it would be nice for you two to actually coordinate your recordings.. 3, 2, 1, start recording, end recording, go live, etc.. It's a bit of a challenge to sync up your two feeds right now, I basically just hope that you talk at the start of the game and if not I scroll through until the first attack and do some math back to the beginning. Not to mention the video lengths were quite off so I was watching episode 2 of one and 3 of the other and they were matched.
--Watching Fish rob Xterm in real time was quite funny though :lol:

-I know this series has started but a couple ideas to make future ones run much smoother
--Custom make your PvP map (build enough resources for both players and within reasonable distance away)
---You could even play around with a map where oil is only in the middle of both of you two, or water, have enemy "rebel" aliens guarding certain premium resource patches etc

-Turn up the speed of the game
--This is PvP it shouldn't take an hour (or two) to reach green science, up the speed and it will become who can build a better base and has better tactics
---Granted this was probably kept low to work better as a series for YouTube

-Have an end goal (I don't know what it is for you guys)
--Once you die the other person wins
---Unlimited deaths but you have to blow up the other persons "Capital" structure (mod in a building that can only be placed and not picked up, one for each person at the start or placed already in a custom map)

There was a lot more ideas I had while watching but those are just what I can remember right now.

Anyways, Keep it up and keep the videos coming! I think with this series as a proof of concept I can see a bright future for people expanding on this idea greatly.

Cheers!

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Piranha wrote:Just finished watching the 6th episodes, watching dual screen and enjoying it a lot.
Great! :D Thanks for watching and glad you're enjoying it. :)
Piranha wrote:As n9103 suggested the time display would be great, I noticed you said it doesn't work in multiplayer but with a little convincing I feel like the mod maker would try and help you guys out.

Without the time mod it would be nice for you two to actually coordinate your recordings.. 3, 2, 1, start recording, end recording, go live, etc.. It's a bit of a challenge to sync up your two feeds right now, I basically just hope that you talk at the start of the game and if not I scroll through until the first attack and do some math back to the beginning. Not to mention the video lengths were quite off so I was watching episode 2 of one and 3 of the other and they were matched.
I posted to the topic asking if someone can update that mod for 0.11.13, just waiting on a kind person to do that for us. :) In the mean time,(and from ep7 onwards) I'll be pausing the session every 20 minutes so it's easier for you guys to sync it up. :)
Piranha wrote:Watching Fish rob Xterm in real time was quite funny though
That was highly amusing for me too. :lol:
Piranha wrote:Custom make your PvP map (build enough resources for both players and within reasonable distance away)
Yup we have this planned for when/if we decide to record some 2vs2 games.
Piranha wrote:Turn up the speed of the game
This is PvP it shouldn't take an hour (or two) to reach green science, up the speed and it will become who can build a better base and has better tactics
I get your point, but the speed of building is still limited by the base game. :) I'm actually quite happy with the speed of progression, getting to green or even blue too fast is detrimental to the game.
Piranha wrote:Have an end goal (I don't know what it is for you guys)
The end goal at the moment is to completely wipe out the other player's base. That capital structure idea is pretty good though, will consider that for future.
Piranha wrote:Cheers!
Thanks for the awesome comment and high praise. :)

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

More vids are up!

My perspective: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5bjZjJs-Q8

Xterminator's perspective: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqhB38dzfEE

Anyone keeping count on the kill ratio? :D

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Piranha »

FishSandwich wrote:Anyone keeping count on the kill ratio? :D

The Biters are winning :twisted:

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

FishSandwich wrote:More vids are up!

My perspective: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5bjZjJs-Q8

Xterminator's perspective: (still being uploaded, will edit with link later)

Anyone keeping count on the kill ratio? :D
Fish will obviously still update his post with my link, but until then here is the link to my perspective: http://youtu.be/UqhB38dzfEE
Sorry for the delay guys, my internet decided to be especially slow today with uploading. :(

Haha yes, is anyone keeping count? I think we are almost even at this point, not sure.
Image Image Image

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Piranha »

FishSandwich wrote:In the mean time,(and from ep7 onwards) I'll be pausing the session every 20 minutes so it's easier for you guys to sync it up. :)
Yay!! Thank you so much :)
FishSandwich wrote:Yup we have this planned for when/if we decide to record some 2vs2 games.
If you need someone for those I would be interested... ;)
FishSandwich wrote:I get your point, but the speed of building is still limited by the base game. :) I'm actually quite happy with the speed of progression, getting to green or even blue too fast is detrimental to the game.
I said this with the intention to have faster matches, so that really skilled players would be able to show the fastest progression.
-For example I play a game called "Total Annihilation: Escalation" with some friends occasionally, and our games last 4+ hours going into the highest tier (4 sometimes 5 if you last that long) of buildings/units. Although if you look on youtube there are 2v2s that usually only make it to tier 2 because they know how to attack quick enough and efficiently to take over their opponent. I feel like with more PvP games happening and at a faster rate we would be able to figure out the things that need tweaking and be able to fine tune a proper PvP game that everyone would enjoy.
Piranha wrote:The end goal at the moment is to completely wipe out the other player's base. That capital structure idea is pretty good though, will consider that for future.
Ah ok ;) After you died in the one episode he gave you a grace period to get back to your base.. so I couldn't make out how one would destroy everything without killing the other.
Piranha wrote:Thanks for the awesome comment and high praise. :)
Anytime 8-)

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Piranha wrote:I said this with the intention to have faster matches, so that really skilled players would be able to show the fastest progression.
-For example I play a game called "Total Annihilation: Escalation" with some friends occasionally, and our games last 4+ hours going into the highest tier (4 sometimes 5 if you last that long) of buildings/units. Although if you look on youtube there are 2v2s that usually only make it to tier 2 because they know how to attack quick enough and efficiently to take over their opponent. I feel like with more PvP games happening and at a faster rate we would be able to figure out the things that need tweaking and be able to fine tune a proper PvP game that everyone would enjoy.
Gotcha. ;) There are some more amazing players out there than us, being able to reach red and green science in 30 minutes or so, they could easily wipe the floor with someone that takes an hour to get green science, of course. :D

Those amazing players are not us. :lol: Also, this as you said is also a proof of concept game, we're looking also to see exactly what can be done, so winning "quickly" is not a good idea for us. :D
Piranha wrote:Ah ok After you died in the one episode he gave you a grace period to get back to your base.. so I couldn't make out how one would destroy everything without killing the other.
The rule is probably more complicated than it needs to be, will rethink it for future series'. For example, if I am attacking his base buildings and he comes to stop me, but dies, then I can continue to destroy his buildings until he comes back to the base. If he stops me before I get to his base, but dies, then I have to give the grace period.

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Piranha »

FishSandwich wrote:The rule is probably more complicated than it needs to be, will rethink it for future series'. For example, if I am attacking his base buildings and he comes to stop me, but dies, then I can continue to destroy his buildings until he comes back to the base. If he stops me before I get to his base, but dies, then I have to give the grace period.
Got it :)

Keep up the good videos!
..and episode 7 was much easier to sync / watch, so thank you :D

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Piranha wrote:
FishSandwich wrote:The rule is probably more complicated than it needs to be, will rethink it for future series'. For example, if I am attacking his base buildings and he comes to stop me, but dies, then I can continue to destroy his buildings until he comes back to the base. If he stops me before I get to his base, but dies, then I have to give the grace period.
Got it :)

Keep up the good videos!
..and episode 7 was much easier to sync / watch, so thank you :D
Thanks, glad you enjoy it! :D
Speaking of doing more episodes, here is episode 8 on both our channels:

Xterminator's Perspective: http://youtu.be/opsOQMSKnSg
Fish's Perspective: http://youtu.be/WIFdQZp7HbU
Image Image Image

DraLUSAD
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DraLUSAD »

this PVP mod, will you be releasing it to the Public?, i wouldn't mind using it againts my friends :)

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Piranha »

I'll admit I haven't kept count on deaths but there is something that's been driving me crazy every time I watch but I want to see who realizes first..

I'll announce whenever the first one of you wins my little minigame.. muhahaha :twisted:

Return to “Videos”