A Polished Resource Chart

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Grafando
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

A Polished Resource Chart

Post by Grafando »

My recommendation is that a Resource Chart is added to the game. This would show the production and usage of each resource, and the total amount of each resource. It would also have the production with usage to show what your total gains or loss is (If you gain 10stone/second, use 2 stone/second, total is +8stone/second. If you gain 6stone/second, use 7stone/second, your total is -1stone/second. At the end of the row it would say total resources, like: 2100 stone.)
This chart would include all the resources and also electricity production and usage.
Last edited by ssilk on Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed topic to fit subject better

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Resource Chart

Post by sillyfly »

Do you know about the production screen (Press 'P' while in game)? If so - please try to explain how your suggestion differs from it.

Nic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nic »

I have to agree with sillyfly - your suggestion sounds like the production log you can open with "P". If you "Left-click" on any power-pole you can access the electricity consumption.
I am Nic and I love to play games - the more unique the game concept is, the more I am up to buy a game and support the developers with my ideas.
If you want to watch my gameplay videos you do find them on YouTube: http://fwd.nicmd.de/ytng

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Grafando might specify this a bit more, otherwise it's moved to Won't Implement. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Grafando
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Grafando »

Practically what I mean is the production chart but that show how much is being used in the selected time frame and how much you gain, but set aside from what you're currently getting after usage. I could make a simple chart in OpenOffice if you guys would like and I could show you. Thanks for the replies, too! Appears to be a great community already :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I understand what you mean. Currently the chart only shows what is being produces.

What Grafando is suggesting is that you also add consumption/usage, like you do on the power graph. And also a "Net gain" (Production - Consumption)
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Grafando
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Grafando »

bobingabout wrote:I understand what you mean. Currently the chart only shows what is being produces.

What Grafando is suggesting is that you also add consumption/usage, like you do on the power graph. And also a "Net gain" (Production - Consumption)
That is actually exactly what I mean xD
Thanks for putting into better words for me.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

I think the production screen could use a lot of polishing.

In addition to this, I would also like to see -
  • Ability to show/hide certain items - currently the highest values make it almost impossible to see lower-producing items.
  • Grid lines with labels.
  • Ability to select specific time frame - currently if I want to look at my production in the first 10 minutes of the game my only option is to select a range large enough to include this time frame, which makes it hard to discern details. Also, after 50 hours it becomes impossible.

Grafando
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Grafando »

I agree with your added recommendations.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”