Allow combinators connect to the logistic network

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

afk2minute
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Allow combinators connect to the logistic network

Post by afk2minute »

So now we can use interface of the inserter, lamp, pump and power switch (maybe something else) to "connect to logistic network" (by some radio connection, it seems, as there is only need for them to be in roboport loginet radius).
But combinators dont have this option, which seems a little strange as they are supposed to be advanced things that control your factory.

So the suggestion is simple (as the title says): allow combinators connect to the logistic network via radio communication just like inserters, power switches, lamps and pumps.
It will simplify some builds and make combinators more useful.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Allow combinators connect to the logistic network

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Drop a roboport down next to one and connect it to the combinator, set the roboport circuit connection type to send logistic network to the circuit network. Job done.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

afk2minute
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by afk2minute »

Roboport is too large (4x4 with some combinators near would be atleast 5x5 which makes it not very usable at factories.
Yep i can wire from afar, but thats the whole point of the suggestion - not needing to wire from some distant location.

And the most important - its ALREADY in game, but for some reason not for combinators, which is just VERY strange to me.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

It would have to be within 23 tiles of the roboport to connect wirelessly anyway so it's not like it's covering massive distances, and you need to power both the roboport and the combinator so shouldn't need to add more than 1 medium power pole to bridge the gap.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

afk2minute
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by afk2minute »

Yes, i know that. But this addition will be a good "quality of life" addition (i wont need to wire anymore, i just can have blueprint for it set up). And this addition is 100% logical as all the units that are capable of working with signals (even a lamp!) already has it implemented. Why make exclusion for combinators?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

You forgot, that there is not THE logistic network. In fact it means the LOCAL logistic network. You can have more than one logistic network, as you can have more than one electric network.

So if you want to connect to a logistic network if you are not in reach of that network you need to explain which one.

Instead the way (I think) the devs will go is to have a third network, call it "radio network" and that has channels, like radio frequencies.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

afk2minute
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by afk2minute »

ssilk wrote:You forgot, that there is not THE logistic network. In fact it means the LOCAL logistic network. You can have more than one logistic network, as you can have more than one electric network.

So if you want to connect to a logistic network if you are not in reach of that network you need to explain which one.

Instead the way (I think) the devs will go is to have a third network, call it "radio network" and that has channels, like radio frequencies.
If its not in reach it should connect to none. If its is range it should connect to the local network. (just like inserters\lamps etc).

Third "radio" network (if i understood you correctly) will probably be even better, but that is for a different and more complicated suggestion.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”