Lights on electric poles

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

LazyLoneLion
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Lights on electric poles

Post by LazyLoneLion »

Please, either add lights on electric poles by default (or after lights are researched), or add an item "medium/big electric pole with lights".
It would be really more convenient and easier.

Left it "only white light" without circuits.

That complexification shouldn't be in the game -- I mean messing with lights too much.

Not sure if it was suggested already. I suppose it was, but couldn't find it fast enough.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Lights on electric poles

Post by ssilk »

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

you got my vote. i would like to see this in vanilla. put a pole + light into assembler and get a lit power pole.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

Carl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Carl »

I'll plus one this, i under use lights a lot, but i'd probably get a lot of use out of them if they could be put down as part of layout basics. Sure there's mods for it, but it's certainly somthing i'd like to see in vanilla.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

It means in the end that you have one item more in the inventory while the only added game-value is, that you don't need to place a lamp every three or four poles.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

LazyLoneLion
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by LazyLoneLion »

ssilk wrote:It means in the end that you have one item more in the inventory while the only added game-value is, that you don't need to place a lamp every three or four poles.
Do you want to say that "it means the game will be somewhat easier"? It won't be simpler, it will just be less irritating. I will then not care about placing lights every here and there, looking for a free tile, removing when it intersects with some planned assembler or belt... Sure, it will make the game unaffordably unplayable!
Keep in mind it won't impact the actual gameplay at all.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

I've actually only ever used lights once to see if I can make them blink on and off on a certain signal. It's not like you can't see in the dark and you don't have a flashlight. Having a light on every power pole would be a waste of power imho.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

mrvn wrote:I've actually only ever used lights once to see if I can make them blink on and off on a certain signal. It's not like you can't see in the dark and you don't have a flashlight. Having a light on every power pole would be a waste of power imho.
i agree not every pole should have a light. however it would be nice to be able to assemble a light with a pole.
perhaps the light facing down to illuminate a larger area than when lights are placed on the ground.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”