Seasons

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Nic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Seasons

Post by Nic »

I just heard that some players think that solar power is overpowered.

To make that problem a thing of the past I suggest adding seasons to the game which last around 30 ingame days and reduce the energy with which the sun does charge the panels from summer to winter.
Also the seasons should differ in the length of the days so you have second problem since the nights are longer where your factory does demand the saved power.

I would be very happy to discuss about this idea with you.

-Nic
I am Nic and I love to play games - the more unique the game concept is, the more I am up to buy a game and support the developers with my ideas.
If you want to watch my gameplay videos you do find them on YouTube: http://fwd.nicmd.de/ytng

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Seasons

Post by ssilk »

Hehe. :) Those seasons depend on, if you are placed more to the poles or to the equator.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Which is only good, adds another little bit of unpredictability to the game :) (ideally, you'd have a selection between random or a few options between equator and pole)

(taking it a few steps further, you could even make this location play some part in the world, like resource distribution and availability, maybe even add climates)
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Martc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Martc »

I like the idea of seasons, but I don't think that this is good reason for them. Seasons are mostly connected with agriculture and surviving through winter.
You can just decrease solar panels output and it will almost same effect, because player will build enough solar panels to survive winter with no problem.

And another thing, this game is still in alfa stage, so content is not final and more will be added. It is very early to say that something is overpowered, because it can be modified in future when more way to generate power will be added.

pyrolytic_tungsten
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pyrolytic_tungsten »

With realistic seasons the length of the day and night will change. I recall reading one of the devs say someplace that they didn't want the nights to be too long in comparison to the days. I'm not sure they would go for the idea.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”