Picture-in-Picture for events

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Idlemind79
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Picture-in-Picture for events

Post by Idlemind79 »

When biters attack one of your structures a picture-in-picture pops up showing you what's going on.

In the options there should be something to enable or disable this, and an option to close the pip automatically after a few seconds or only manually by clicking on the X.

If you are really ambitious making it a researchable tech with flight as a prerequisite and we'll pretend it's a drone.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Picture-in-Picture for events

Post by hoho »

It would be nice if the events would go into some sort of a log that we can pull up after the message itself has gone away.

Another nice thing would be to see an arrow pointing towards the event when one clicks on it. Currently it can be a bit troublesome to try to figure out what way to run to help out your base defenses.

Zenith
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zenith »

The picture-in-picture idea sounds interesting. You could then quickly see whether you need to take action or not. Also, the idea of an arrow showing the direction of where the attack is taking place is nice, maybe include how many tiles away that is from your current position.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

A camera, which "sees" everything in it's area. More or less like an advanced radar. It records every event and you can "replay" them. But you can also see the live view and use it, for ghost-placing or blue-printing.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Idlemind79
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Idlemind79 »

ssilk wrote:A camera, which "sees" everything in it's area. More or less like an advanced radar. It records every event and you can "replay" them. But you can also see the live view and use it, for ghost-placing or blue-printing.
That sounds really complicated and of questionable benefit.. but to be honest you kind of lost me there.

Let's get a pip first and then worry about adding on to it.

Basic pip, pops up when biters are engaged, sticks around for 3 seconds or so after the last one dies or you click the "X".

Alternatively, I guess a tech that lets you hold down a key to go "free camera" mode would suffice... but you should have logistics bots researched in order to research it.

Night_Ange1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Night_Ange1 »

I like the idea of a log, and would like to include a button click that shifts the map (pull up map *m key) to the alert and clears the alert (batches if its a grouping of turret attacking biter)

I sometimes spend more time looking for the alert than it last, and have lost an outpost that wasn't robo repaired because it wasn't in danger at the beginning but new spawns and small chipping away eventually wore down the defenses, and I couldn't get to the other side of the map till half of it was gone

Nemoricus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nemoricus »

A log with how long ago the event took place and where it was would be very much appreciated. With the larger bases, it can be hard to keep track of all the alerts that you get without physically going and checking on them.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

And if you imagine a PiP popping up for each such event... lovely :D

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”