Save file organization

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

pandathug
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Save file organization

Post by pandathug »

Not sure if this has been suggested before, but upon loading a game, everyone can see multiple legacy save files that cant be played in the newer versions and it can be confusing to find your save files.

I suggest displaying all save files in the current version and a folder or some way to organize legacy save files as to not clog up the interface with old save files. This would make it more organized and easy to access playable files and hide away unplayable files.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Save file organization

Post by Xorimuth »

You can create folders for saves yourself outside of the game, and then when ingame they work correctly. There’s just no way to create the folders ingame.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Hi,

There are several suggestions revolving around the way save files are (not)organized, and ways to address them (via better folder management, ability to sort by date/version, ...). Some examples below, feel free to check them and contribute if you feel like it :

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26663
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=81389
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=88465
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=76108
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=44765
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33119
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by quyxkh »

Yup, gonna press "play" again, not sorry neither: implementing my suggestion for a startup option to print save file metadata would let people easily write their own automatic save-file organizers.

Brofes
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Better save file managment tools

Post by Brofes »

As of now, save file management/finding specific save files can be a mess, due to all the saves being lumped together in one big list by default.

Adding a way to make folders and move around saves in the save/load dialogs (or even just have a button that opens the save directory) could make organization a lot easier, such as being able to group different saves together for a playthrough, group saves by mod, etc.

Navigating in folders is already fully supported by the game, so it probably wouldn't be too hard to add either.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into an older thread with the same suggestion. One of the many many threads
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”