Stack inserter name change

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

TheAnvil
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Stack inserter name change

Post by TheAnvil »

TL;DR. Change the name of stack inserter to bulk inserter sooner rather than latter.

After FFF 402 I’ve had several conversations about the space age update regarding the new bulk/stack inserter, it has had several people confused on more than a couple occasions now on which one is actually being talked about and I believe it would be a very good idea to change the name of the stack inserter now to bulk inserter while there is only one (the stack inserter) in the game. This will give people time to adjust to calling the stack inserter a bulk inserter before the update drops

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Stack inserter name change

Post by FuryoftheStars »

TheAnvil wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:20 am
TL;DR. Change the name of stack inserter to bulk inserter sooner rather than latter.

After FFF 402 I’ve had several conversations about the space age update regarding the new bulk/stack inserter, it has had several people confused on more than a couple occasions now on which one is actually being talked about and I believe it would be a very good idea to change the name of the stack inserter now to bulk inserter while there is only one (the stack inserter) in the game. This will give people time to adjust to calling the stack inserter a bulk inserter before the update drops
Not that I would be against this, but you can either refer to it by its color for now (as that's not changing), or refer to it as "stack (soon to be bulk)" (which is what I've been doing).
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”