Always show "Made In" information box

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Nemoricus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Always show "Made In" information box

Post by Nemoricus »

TL;DR
Whenever you mouse over an item, always show the machines that this item can be crafted in and the hand if appropriate.

What ?
Currently, the game won't show the "Made In" information box if the recipe you're mousing over in the crafting menu can be made in the hand. It should show the "Made In" information box regardless of whether it can be made in hand or not.
Why ?
1. This would increase the consistency of the crafting menu, since you can always see the machines that recipe is made in even if you can also make it in hand.

2. In the current base game, any recipe that can be made in the hand can also be made in any assembler, but I don't think that this is necessarily true for mods. Even if the game enforces that "if it can be made in the hand, it can also be made in any assembler," the current behavior means that the player has to deduce that if the "Made In" information box isn't shown, it can be made in any assembler. To the best of my knowledge, this isn't said anywhere in the game and if it is, it seems like it could easily be missed.

For a concrete example, I was trying to tell if a Paper -> Wooden Board recipe could be run in an electronics assembling machine in Sea Block 0.5.13, Since that recipe could be made in hand, it wouldn't show the "Made In" information box, and so I couldn't tell if it could be made in that machine.

tsokiyZan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Always show "Made In" information box

Post by tsokiyZan »

Just had this issue earlier today, didn't impede too terribly much but it would make everything a lot more consistent, especially for new players who might not know if something like uranium fuel cells are also made in a centrifuge or a regular assembler. Good suggestion.

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Illiander42 »

Nemoricus wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 9:03 pm
Even if the game enforces that "if it can be made in the hand, it can also be made in any assembler,"
It doesn't.

Proof is cellulose scavenging in seablock. Hand-craft only.

Nemoricus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nemoricus »

Illiander42 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 8:54 am
Nemoricus wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 9:03 pm
Even if the game enforces that "if it can be made in the hand, it can also be made in any assembler,"
It doesn't.

Proof is cellulose scavenging in seablock. Hand-craft only.
Thank you for providing an example that I really should have thought of myself. XD

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”