Mobile factorio (Factorio on mobile devices/smartphones)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Mistr25
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Mobile factorio (Factorio on mobile devices/smartphones)

Post by Mistr25 »

Factorio is very simple game in controlling. And it is not demanding high end hardware. So with game Adaption on Android and maybe even on iPhone and screen controlling it could run on phones too.

ayase
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Mobile factorio

Post by ayase »

I thought this was about a mobile factory base. I want a mobile factory now.

Andir
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Andir »

ayase wrote:I thought this was about a mobile factory base. I want a mobile factory now.
Oh man, I thought about this the other day. If you could have a mobile platform that you could build on and expand with technology, having a mobile base driving around squatting on resource nodes would be a really interesting game play. You'd have to be able to balance space between defense and processing and storage. You'd have "setup" time to probe the ground for the resource (basically drop ore mines or drill for oil) and tear down time to move. It could even be end game (because you'd need a ton of resources, solar/nuclear, and the research to expand your build size.) I'd imagine that you start out with single tile platforms that can be linked together up to a certain size and with technology, the platforms get bigger causing you to have to rebuild the platform at intervals while keeping the same size restriction (like a 25x25 platform or something.) Driving over obstacles would damage the platforms so they would need constant repair along with biter attacks to the platforms for bringing a huge polluting land crusher through their land. They'd obviously be very slow.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I suppose the biggest issue is the way the game loads ALL content into RAM and GRAM as it boots. Most portable devices don't have the sort of RAM or GRAM required. if they implemented a kind of LOD system, I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Mistr25 wrote:And it is not demanding high end hardware.
The CPU is there the limiting factor.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”