train exspention

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Math3vv
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

train exspention

Post by Math3vv »

just an random idea that poped up in my mind while reading the bugpost about water flow :

-locomotives would need water + coal, or steam to ride,
-locomotives get a smal bar in the GUI that indicates how much water and steam ther is inside
-locomotives could be filled with water with a new sort of pump station that hangs over the rails
-new tank-cart that holds steam (witch the train can ride on) or water (that can be comebined with coal to make steam)
-new coal-cart, a little cart (about 1/3 of a normal cart (that can hold extra coal for the locomotive)
-water tower, a tower that holds water or steam (2x2) that can be pumped in and out

the water pump for the locomotive :

let me know what you think :)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: train exspention

Post by ssilk »

I currently think, that I don't like to fill trains with coal, so why should I like water? :)

The situation would change, if the player doesn't need to fill new trains by hand. Instead I would suggest, that if coal (and water) is empty the train looks into the players inventory and takes out automatically burnable material from the stacks with the most items.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: train expansion

Post by n9103 »

I would say that if this is introduced, other hoppers should be introduced as well, preferably with the car dump receiver too. (i.e. have inserters (or belts directly!) loading up a building and when a train stops, everything up to the car's capacity is loaded almost all at once.)
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

+1 for the awesome picture

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

I really think that train fuelling should be changed, but it doesnt necesarilly need to be worse than fueling is now, ecause if there are some special stuff made for it (a machine with water connection, coal inventory and that is a rail :D 3 in one), it could be even easier.
Also the locomotive is called diesel locomotive, having an steam locomotive and a higher tier diesel one would be pwetty cool.

Math3vv
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Math3vv »

ficolas wrote:I really think that train fuelling should be changed, but it doesnt necesarilly need to be worse than fueling is now, ecause if there are some special stuff made for it (a machine with water connection, coal inventory and that is a rail :D 3 in one), it could be even easier.
Also the locomotive is called diesel locomotive, having an steam locomotive and a higher tier diesel one would be pwetty cool.
fueling a train is (at this point) not that hard, you just make 1 stop, 1 fast inserter and 1 steel chest full with coal. so... making it a little harder would give it more of a "factory-disigne" challange. also the difrend tiers of trains would be a good idea. for instence the train that only runs on coal or wood would consume more energy compared to the steam one (since you need more matirials for it to run), you could even make MK I, MK II and MK III storage trains. all im hoping for is a new way to use trains more efficently and more awsomely !

and just because i had to :

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”