Appearance of the Armor

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Factorio2016
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Appearance of the Armor

Post by Factorio2016 »

I want to suggest to make this menu! Skills and perks are NOT NEEDED!
When clicking on a slot with armor to have such a menu.
This menu will look better than power armor now.
Show it to the developers.
Please no need to laugh! :lol:
Attachments
Armor-Slot.png
Armor-Slot.png (56.04 KiB) Viewed 3687 times
Last edited by Factorio2016 on Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
English is not my native language. Translator.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Power armor character

Post by Koub »

The problem is that it would remove a lot from modular armor's modularity.
I prefer it the way it is atm, compared to what you have just described. (personal taste)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Factorio2016
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Power armor character

Post by Factorio2016 »

You are not right. Balance.
1)Make shields weaker, so they needed more. or
2)Make the number of slots for shields less
And so on
Great opportunities without changing gameplay. Just beautiful.
New larger capacity backpacks, new shoes increase the speed
And so on

In the style of "The Bonus Screen" and ''The tech tree''
http://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-124
https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-128

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Appearance of the Armor

Post by ssilk »

I see some usefulness in design (for me it's just design issue, not more), but as Koub I would like to have the powersuit as it is now, cause - what you eventually haven't tried till now - you can have more than one powersuit and change them, dependend to your demand. Me for example have a powersuit for fighting and one with some roboports and I change them depended on what I'm doing. What's missing there is just a better/faster way to change the suits.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Factorio2016
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Factorio2016 »

Why are you two not seeing the possibilities?
What prevents to make the armor removable? She moved to your inventory all the items inside remained inside.
To make the slots a different color. For example Boots and gloves are not included in the armor.
They can be changed at any time. Batteries, protective shields are removed simultaneously with armor.

In essence: the ability to add bags, backpacks, boots, gloves.....
Weaving mill - production cycle. New material: bulletproof fabric and other...

P.S. Summary: need to add in a normal game production cycle with wood and cloth

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Hm. I don't see the advantage to the current gameplay. Things can be done like so or as now. It's just taste. And this suggestion is something, that I've seen in so many other games...

On the other hand the power-suit includes a nice sub-game: optimize the available space vs. space needed for equipment. That would fall apart with this suggestion.

Off-topic: The idea of Factorio is, that you cannot survive without your technology. That's why you need the power-suit. That is, why you don't have so many other slots. The potential of the power-suit is by far not reached. For example: who says, the power-suit space is only quadratic? Or it may have a background pic (as your nice one :) ). I'm sure it can have any form - that would add quite interesting and useful optimization strategies that go into the direction of RPG.

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

I like playing tetris with the power armor modules. Maybe we should get some L shaped ones aswell :D

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Definitely. ;)

Still off-topic:

I see here a high relation to this list: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20759&start=10#p132133

Because modularity gets lost, if module slots are fixed parts at the body of the character. Such slots also don't make sense when playing in good mode.

Or much better: Assumed every device (vehicles and other entities (assembly, turrets...)) has a module slot. But we just have the current three types of modules. It is a problem to have more types of modules.
Instead of that imagine a module-frame instead. It's just an "empty module", that you can plug into a module-slot. And it looks internally like the power suit; technically it's just a container for items at positions in the frame. Like the power suit. But because that is an item you cannot just create it yourself. You need some kind of new device where you create a plan and if equipped with all needed items that device fills the module-frame with the items. So if framed with some items it could be plugged into any device and changes the behavior or strength of that device in a way, that would be impossible to gain with the current modules only. And I hope with 0.13 that could be plugged also by robots.

Yinan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Yinan »

Factorio2016 wrote:Why are you two not seeing the possibilities?
It might be because this takes more possibilities away than it adds.

I also like the Armor the way it is right now with it's modularity were you can just add whatever you want to have without any preset slots for specific things.

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

Well I also prefer the way the modular armor works currently. It is a lot more flexible to new items.

With the way it is proposed in OP it would require a rework of the UI every time there is a new item type where there is no predestined slot available yet, eventually cluttering the interface. Urgh.
Zeblote wrote:I like playing tetris with the power armor modules. Maybe we should get some L shaped ones aswell :D
Don't forget about the Z shaped ones, which where the true source of pain. Make everything rotatable as well.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”