single/multiplayer new game/load screens

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

single/multiplayer new game/load screens

Post by jockeril »

:idea: I'd like to suggest that the #Factorio devs have the "New game" & "Load" screens reflect which play type was chosen before choosing - consider someone leaving the computer with the game on the load screen and when he returns he can't remember if it was single or #multiplayer...

I suggest this because after playing with the menus for sometime today I got confused as to which load screen I was on - whether it was the multiplayer or singleplayer one and that's because. as far as I can gather, the same screen is used but on different state of play (Pun?)
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

wowzewow
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: single/multiplayer new game/load screens

Post by wowzewow »

These load screens probably take way too much time. Maybe you could just simply do this :
Attachments
thingy.png
thingy.png (2.41 MiB) Viewed 1724 times

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

I'm not talking about THAT menu :x

I'm talking about the "Load game" screen that comes from the Play or Play -> Multiplayer menus :roll:

I don't have a problem with having the Multiplayer menu as an option under the Play menu - It actually makes sense (just change the menu title to "Play" - it's now "Game").

It's the "Load game" screen that is the ambiguous one - whether it's in the "Play" menu option which is the singleplayer one and the one under "Multiplayer" - when you're in that screen you have no idea if you're in one or the other - and the same goes for "New game" in both

I could post a picture example but I think I'm clear enough - if not, I expect them to let me know :geek:

I would kindly ask you to remove that picture, as there is another thread that is more fitting for it and it might confuse the devs as to my suggestion :|
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

jockeril wrote:I could post a picture example but I think I'm clear enough - if not, I expect them to let me know :geek:
Well it's clear now, but you know: A pic says more than 1000 words.
General recommendation: Even asking such a question is wrong! If you consider to make a screenshot to explain it then do it.
:)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”