Single Sign-On

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

rlerner
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Single Sign-On

Post by rlerner »

It would be great if I could log into factorio.com, and it would also log me into phpbb, and also the mods portal (why the latter requires a login is beyond me).

Would be willing to write / help write the integration if needed.

Would be nice as well to have the accounts auto-create across services (I realize mods uses the .com auth, but phpbb doesn't).

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Single Sign-On

Post by bobingabout »

Mod portal login is required, so that only people who own the game can download mods from there.

PHPBB and the Wiki use their own login simply because they're both 3rd party software packages that are pretty much being used as supplied.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

The way to go (and already more or less in progress) is this:

You have the portal (factorio.com), where your (validated, cause you bought it) account is hosted.
With this account you can login into forum, mod-portal, wiki, etc. For mod-portal this is already working. Instead of single-sign-on (factorio.com as a central storage of your account/all accounts), the other websites create the user with the credentials from factorio.com. After that the other application has a registered user, which can now be handled with the existing tools of that application.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

rlerner
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by rlerner »

Glad to hear that's in progress ssilk!

Limiting mods as an anti piracy measure is interesting, but I feel it may be wasted effort, as I doubt many people have the game illegally and not a friend who has it legally. Though I guess it's a good framework to have in place when mods inevitability get commercialized.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”