Factory buildings with multiple floors

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Zefnoly
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Factory buildings with multiple floors

Post by Zefnoly »

What about be able to make factory buildings with 2 or more floors to build on?
We could have an own transportbelt that transfer between floors. It could cost allot of iron and steel to get built. When you are outside the building you can see the roof only. own doors and openings (you need to place a own type of walls to make the building. After placing the walls and make openings and doors you can start making floor 2. It could get dark inside so you need lights or nightvision to see anything. The building can be easily damaged by the aliens and fall down if damaged enough. But it gives more practical space to build on. the doors are like gates and can be placed on both railroads and ground and work in similar the same way. Railroads can be placed inside buildings but you need to use a own electrical system. the electric poles might not fit inside the building so you need to place smaller substation boxes connected in the floor.

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Factory buildings with multiple floors

Post by Piranha »

With he next major update they are implementing the space floor to build on. With this they said they now have the ability for levels and building. I don't know how much they would go a second level above ground because it may start to look weird but I believe that they mentioned underground may be coming in the future.

Anyways, sslik should be in here soon with the links to where this has been mentioned before :P

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Factory buildings with multiple floors

Post by ssilk »

Piranha wrote:Anyways, sslik should be in here soon with the links to where this has been mentioned before :P
Exactly :) https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=8512 Multi-Layered Assembly Machines

I think its about the same, but I won't join them, cause the differences are quite small, but important. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”