[0.12] Bugs, crashes & other issues

The raillayer; must have, if you want to play with railway.

Moderator: Choumiko

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[0.12] Bugs, crashes & other issues

Post by Choumiko »

Let's hope this one stays as empty as possible :D

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bugs, crashes & other issues

Post by vampiricdust »

Hey Choumiko, having some troubles with FARL. I've got the 2.91 mod and running 11.22.

The problem is now when I'm on existing straight track, while it will start, FARL refuses to turn. It works just fine creating track, but I have to manually start a turn or go straight off a corner. I had 2.8 and it did the same thing on that version, so it must have been a change in 11.22. It doesn't give me any errors though.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

That sounds strange. I never had this problem. For 0.2.9 I had FARL doing many, many curves, as they are the main problem with pole placement. Have you tried picking up garlic and the wagons and putting them back on the tracks? Anyways, once I'm back home, I'll have a look

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

Yeah, I even used another install of Factorio and started up a new game to test it. It just won't create a turn on existing straight track. It works perfectly once I'm adding track to the end though. I thought it might be the poles, signals, and lights it adds to the side, but it won't turn away from them either. Bout the only thing I haven't tried is a fresh download of Factorio.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Ok, i get it. It's not a bug, since what you want is not a feature (at the moment) :D
You want to create a turn in the middle of already existing straight tracks, right? When pressing Start, FARL looks for the straight track under it, and then looks forward until no straight track is found.
If you are close to the end and you press Start, you should see "Last" in red flying above the track. That's where FARL starts to react to inputs.
I'll add it as a feature request

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

Oh ok. I was starting to wonder if I had messed up something or that's what was intended. I never really saw the last because the end was way off screen. The things I do to avoid laying even one piece of track by hand lol

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

I recently started to get this wierd bug. Im riding across empty space and suddenly train stops and whines NO PATH. Why is it even doing it if I'm driving manually? NO PATH to where? I have to lay some tracks manually for it to unbug. Any ideas?
http://i.imgur.com/FEUrAXV.jpg

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

I only had this issue when being attacked by biters, see https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 30&t=10220
This doesn't seem to be it in your case though. What Factorio and FARL version are you using? FARL doesn't change manualmode anywhere, so I'm not sure what's causing this. If you happen to have a save before it happens I'll be happy to look at it. If it's reproducable at all and not random.

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

With newest version i get this: http://imgur.com/89QC5KN every time i enter FARL.

EDIT: Nvm, all I had to do is clear save from old version and then install new one. Srr for the confusion.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

oLaudix wrote:EDIT: Nvm, all I had to do is clear save from old version and then install new one. Srr for the confusion.
I call that a bug, FARL should upgrade without you having to load the save without the older version first. Should be fixed in the next update (should be tomorrow).

As for your no path issue: I got it two times, while driving around. I didn't notice any reason why it should do that, hopefully it will be fixed with 0.12 as that fixes the issue i mentioned earlier. Stoping FARL and automode, then reactivating FARL worked for me, no need to place tracks manually.

billw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.12] Bugs, crashes & other issues

Post by billw »

Get this in multiplayer (0.12, version 0.3.11). I know it isn't very latest version but your fix notes don't mention a fix for this.
It desyncs the other player until I get out of the FARL. Strangely I have managed to get it to work in MP after trying a few times, and the desyncs stopped, so I dunno...

/edit Actually, looking at the code it could theoretically be fixed by 0.3.12 "fixed rare crash when activating with 30 of a pole", but it isn't rare, I had it both times I tried to use it, but I will try tomorrow or weekend and report back again.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

billw wrote:It desyncs the other player until I get out of the FARL. Strangely I have managed to get it to work in MP after trying a few times, and the desyncs stopped, so I dunno...

/edit Actually, looking at the code it could theoretically be fixed by 0.3.12 "fixed rare crash when activating with 30 of a pole", but it isn't rare, I had it both times I tried to use it, but I will try tomorrow or weekend and report back again.
Was the trying a few times with FARL _exactly_ at the same position? I managed to reproduce it only if i drove farl all the way to the end of a track. When trying a few pixels before it didn't crash. That's why i called it rare ;)

billw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by billw »

Choumiko wrote:Was the trying a few times with FARL _exactly_ at the same position? I managed to reproduce it only if i drove farl all the way to the end of a track. When trying a few pixels before it didn't crash. That's why i called it rare ;)
No it was two separate occasions. Both times I was at the end(ish) of the track though. It is totally possible that when I did make it work it was because I laid a bit more straight track in front first, so I will test again tonight thanks!

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

billw wrote:No it was two separate occasions. Both times I was at the end(ish) of the track though. It is totally possible that when I did make it work it was because I laid a bit more straight track in front first, so I will test again tonight thanks!
In my case it didn't even need to be an additional straight track. As little as tapping S to roll it back a tiny amount made the difference between error and working. If you can reproduce it tonight (with the latest version of FARL) a savegame where FARL is in the position that causes the error would be helpfull.

billw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by billw »

Choumiko wrote:
billw wrote:No it was two separate occasions. Both times I was at the end(ish) of the track though. It is totally possible that when I did make it work it was because I laid a bit more straight track in front first, so I will test again tonight thanks!
In my case it didn't even need to be an additional straight track. As little as tapping S to roll it back a tiny amount made the difference between error and working. If you can reproduce it tonight (with the latest version of FARL) a savegame where FARL is in the position that causes the error would be helpfull.
I tried the latest build and it worked great! Only issue I have now is that it doesn't work with 5dims electric track, so I am going to mod that in now (or try anyway). If you want my changes I can post them here for you.

/edit
I got electric tracks working again with latest 5dim, see this post:
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =20#p94385

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

Using FARL 0.3.13 & Factorio 0.12.1

FARL.lua:1246 attempt to index field 'lastrail' (a nil value)

This occurs when I try to check 'place poles' and FARL is inactive. If I start FARL I can check it just fine. (This does not happen with 'place signals', nor does it affect unchecking 'place poles' when FARL is inactive.)
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

billw wrote:I got electric tracks working again with latest 5dim, see this post:
Yeah, i had a link in the 0.11 download, telling to do so. Good that it's added in the next release. A tip: If you tell farl to use medium poles, the electric train works on standard tracks. At least it did when I last tried.

MasterBuilder wrote:Using FARL 0.3.13 & Factorio 0.12.1

FARL.lua:1246 attempt to index field 'lastrail' (a nil value)

This occurs when I try to check 'place poles' and FARL is inactive. If I start FARL I can check it just fine. (This does not happen with 'place signals', nor does it affect unchecking 'place poles' when FARL is inactive.)
Thanks for the report, will fix after work (only 9 hours left :( )

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

Choumiko wrote:
billw wrote:I got electric tracks working again with latest 5dim, see this post:
Yeah, i had a link in the 0.11 download, telling to do so. Good that it's added in the next release. A tip: If you tell farl to use medium poles, the electric train works on standard tracks. At least it did when I last tried.
reading this makes me happy
I add the code on the next release

Edit: Choumiko, can i talk with you about mods?

billw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by billw »

Hi, I just updated game from 0.12.1 to 0.12.2 and FARL from 0.3.13 to 0.3.14 and get constant desync in MP, had to revert to 0.3.13 again.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

billw wrote:Hi, I just updated game from 0.12.1 to 0.12.2 and FARL from 0.3.13 to 0.3.14 and get constant desync in MP, had to revert to 0.3.13 again.
I managed to reproduce it doing when the player that connects to a running game is inside a FARL. When both are outside i got no desyncs. I managed to fix it, but the part i changed was in even before 0.3.13
Could you replace the control.lua in FARL 0.3.14 with this one: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Choum ... ontrol.lua and let me know if the desyncs persist?

Return to “F.A.R.L”