Custom minimap colours

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Custom minimap colours

Post by Rahjital »

As of now, it's impossible to give entities their own colour on minimap, everything is the same blue colour - except for belts and rails, both of which have their own. Minimap colour can already be specified for tiles, so it would be great to be able to do the same with entities.

Another thing that would be good to have is a priority property. In 10.1, trains will be drawn over rails rather than under them, and being able to choose the order in which other entities are drawn as well would be fairly useful.

DDR
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Custom minimap colours

Post by DDR »

If it's impossible to give entities custom colours, is it possible to change the colour of an entire colour? I'd love to be able to see forests on my map, but I can only make them out on desert tiles. It would be really nice to be able to set them to a lighter shade of green.

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

Unfortunately that's not possible either, it seems that all entity colours are hardcoded, and since the devs appear to look here only rarely, chances are it won't see this for a long time, if at all...

One workaround you can try is changing the colour of tiles to something that doesn't hide the trees as much.

DDR
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DDR »

A definite possibility. Say I wanted to change the colours of the dark ground and the normal ground - would I have to change the images themselves, or are their map colours specified in a config file somewhere?

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

After some more research, it seems that not only tree colours are hardcoded but also partially transparent, making the trees even harder to spot on surfaces that are not bright and contrasting to their dark green colour. Unless you are willing to give tiles some strange colours to make the trees stand out, I'm afraid there's not a way to change this by modding.

DDR
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DDR »

Oh man.. I'll guess I'll just stick to colour extraction from map view. Thanks!

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

Just a little bump on something I'd love to see implemented :)

Return to “Implemented mod requests”