oil suggestions

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

kim
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

oil suggestions

Post by kim »

in game, press "p" show produce and demand
but oil don't show it. or i don't know how to show it?
i desire to show oil produce and demand

thanks

leeknivek
Inserter
Inserter

Re: oil suggestions

Post by leeknivek »

I don't believe there is any representation of liquid-based production. But, if you're transporting crude in barrels, or making sulfur or plastic from petrol, it could show up on your production tab. That is, if you produce enough of it.

I get by fine just by checking how much liquid is stored in my tanks. That's for steam generators and oil. I can know how much I have, at least. I don't find that I use so much oil (plastic, sulfur/sulfuric acid, a tiny bit of lubricant) to really worry.

kim
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kim »

i have two reasons
first, i want just watch it
second, my gas tank level rise up but, my plastic factoy don't make plastic bar

leeknivek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by leeknivek »

There's a number of things that could be stopping production. Plastic requires an input of both petroleum AND coal.

Does it have the necessary ingredients?
Does it have somewhere to put completed products?
Are your pipes connected properly?

immibis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immibis »

kim wrote:i have two reasons
first, i want just watch it
second, my gas tank level rise up but, my plastic factoy don't make plastic bar
If your plastic factory isn't making plastic then at least one of these is true:
  • It doesn't have coal.
  • It doesn't have petroleum gas.
  • It is waiting for something to take the plastic away (note: inserters won't add more coal if the factory is waiting for the plastic to be taken away; this doesn't mean you've run out of coal)
  • It doesn't have power.
It should be easy to see which of these is true.

kim
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kim »

my gas tank have enough gas.
and my factory have enough coal.
but pipe don't have gas. so i thank "gas is insufficiency".

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

kim wrote:in game, press "p" show produce and demand
but oil don't show it. or i don't know how to show it?
i desire to show oil produce and demand

thanks
Good idea. I see no reason why it shouldn't be so.
Maybe one day in the future we even get to choose which items are showed on the production screen when we open it :)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

The reason is I think simple: In the production view we see "items". They are counted in "pieces", which is an integer. But fluids are not items. Their unit is something like "fluid-units" and are counted in float. They need to rebuilt the interface for that. But right, I really want to see, how much fluids I produce. And how much is stored (as with items).
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kim
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kim »

ssilk wrote:The reason is I think simple: In the production view we see "items". They are counted in "pieces", which is an integer. But fluids are not items. Their unit is something like "fluid-units" and are counted in float. They need to rebuilt the interface for that. But right, I really want to see, how much fluids I produce. And how much is stored (as with items).

I thank fluids can count.
because they can't count 1, 2, 3......etc but
can count 1.1, 1.2.....x.x
they can't count just integer.

do you understand my English?
too difficult explain in English

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

ssilk wrote:The reason is I think simple: In the production view we see "items". They are counted in "pieces", which is an integer. But fluids are not items. Their unit is something like "fluid-units" and are counted in float. They need to rebuilt the interface for that. But right, I really want to see, how much fluids I produce. And how much is stored (as with items).
Come on, ssilk - that's a technical excuse! I suspect it was simply overlooked, or maybe it is in another system in the game, so it wasn't automatically included.
I'm sure it won't be complicated to add it, and what I meant is I see no gameplay reason not to :)

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

sillyfly wrote:Come on, ssilk - that's a technical excuse! I suspect it was simply overlooked, or maybe it is in another system in the game, so it wasn't automatically included.
I'm sure it won't be complicated to add it, and what I meant is I see no gameplay reason not to :)
Considering oil was added after the "P-screen" you're probably right. Math.floor() or the C/C++/Cwhatever equivalent should do i guess.
sillyfly wrote:Maybe one day in the future we even get to choose which items are showed on the production screen when we open it :)
Now that would be really great, if not a must when/if oil gets added. As i see it now, oil wouldn't show up most of the time anyways (depending on what your factory produces)?

immibis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immibis »

kim wrote:my gas tank have enough gas.
I didn't say your gas tank, I said your assembler. If your gas tank has lots of gas and your assembler doesn't, then you probably disconnected your pipe accidentally.

kim
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kim »

immibis wrote:
kim wrote:my gas tank have enough gas.
I didn't say your gas tank, I said your assembler. If your gas tank has lots of gas and your assembler doesn't, then you probably disconnected your pipe accidentally.
my assembler connect my gas tank and enough coal.

it is all okay. enough gas, enough coal, insecter is properly direction and position.

but I solved problem.

problem is my small pump!!

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

sillyfly wrote:
Come on, ssilk - that's a technical excuse! I suspect it was simply overlooked, or maybe it is in another system in the game, so it wasn't automatically included.
Can't agree faster. If you think well, it should be strings, and not integers, so you cast from float to string, just keeping the first decimal slot and problem solved =]

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”