Terrain and minimap graphics

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Noro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Terrain and minimap graphics

Post by Noro »

Hello again,

After some time of fascinating playing Factorio I want to say about some things that are uncomfortable in the current version. Meaning graphical representation of resources:
1. Stone resources are hard to notice and differ from the default terrain(even big deposits). In nighttime they are almost completely invisible. I think you can make them brighter to make them easier to spot.
2. Minimap representation of stone and coal. I may be wrong but it seems that currently coal is not displayed on minimap at all. At least I can't see any representations of the big coal deposits on minimap. I have to bring up global map from time to time when searching for coal. The same goes for stone deposits. I think they should be visibly marked on minimap like iron and copper deposits. When I look on mimimap, I want to see info about my surroundings, at least I desperately want to see coal info on in :(

Thank you.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Terrain and minimap graphics

Post by FreeER »

Might I guess that you do not use the experimental versions?
kovarex 0.8.1 Bugfix update wrote:Changed the map color of coal to pure black, so it is easily recognizable.
As for stone, I don't see it mentioned so maybe that does still need to be updated :)
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”