Research Window popping up

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Turtle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Research Window popping up

Post by Turtle »

I find that the research window popping up when research is complete very intrusive. It's like saying, "STOP EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!! RESEARCH IS COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" It's very annoying when you're using the mouse to measure out spacing for something, when you're fighting and many other instances. I would think something like a little ding sound and having the little panel on top of the minimap (the one that shows research progress or says "No research being conducted." flash a few times every 5-10 seconds would be sufficient.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Research Window popping up

Post by sillyfly »

Agreed.
At the very least there should be a switch in the options somewhere "pop up tech screen on research complete", or something of that sort.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

With multiplayer this must be changed of course. So this must be already in the queue.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Turtle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Turtle »

I can usually work around things I don't like, such as modding certain things, changing hotkeys or just dealing with what can't be changed. But this is really getting on my nerves soooooo much. Just today, I crashed into my solar panel array destroying panels and accumulators because of this stupid window popping up. Every single frickin time it disrupts my playing experience by closing my inventory window, chest I'm trying to put stuff into, setting a recipe on an assembly machine, etc.

PLEASE GET RID OF THIS STUPID THING!!!!!! THERE IS NO POINT IN HAVING IT POP UP!!!!

Mangledpork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mangledpork »

I'm interested to see how research will work in multiplayer. It would be good if there was an option for global science or individual science (for competitive play), but for that you might need player-owned buildings, and it gets fiddly pretty fast.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”