Death Chest

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

MalContentFL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Death Chest

Post by MalContentFL »

Currently when the player dies, he looses his whole inventory. There should be a death chest that spawns where the player died. Breaking the death chest restores the players inventory, but the player cannot obtain the death chest itself as a place-able entity in his inventory. Only the player who died can pickup his own death chest. To prevent players from using these as indestructible walls, they can be walked through.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Death Chest

Post by Nova »

Don't like this idea as it is. It would make the death insignificant. Maybe something like "Loosing the halve of anything"?
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

MalContentFL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MalContentFL »

Nova wrote:Don't like this idea as it is. It would make the death insignificant. Maybe something like "Loosing the halve of anything"?
Fair enough, but if you die near a biter base it would be much harder to get your things back.

chlue
Inserter
Inserter

Post by chlue »

I was going to propose this too. Basically in singleplayer when your char dies you reload, loose some minutes (hardcore players may reformat their harddrive for punishment, but thats a different topic) and thats all. Reloading is not really an option in multiplayer and the 'enemy' trains are much more lethal.

So far in my multiplayer game with a friend we had one death due to biters and dozens due to trains,....

Apart from the lost items I hate to reset the logistic deliveries. So I propose to make a death chest an option. If the option is disabled the char should respawn as now, but keep their logistic deliveries set.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Death-Chest

Post by Ranakastrasz »

joined cause identical -- ßilk

Suggest that on death the game be able to either drop all of your stuff on the ground, like old chest explosions, or else create a chest(s)/place a chest(s) near your location with all of that stuff.
Possibly an abnormally large chest, with enough space for everything as well as guns and ammo, which you can only take stuff out of, and disappears when depleted.

Based on Minecraft Death Chest Mod. this for Multiplayer.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Death-Chest

Post by ssilk »

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LordFedora »

Ssilk, you spelled your name wrong...

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

LordFedora wrote:Ssilk, you spelled your name wrong...
No, one possible way. But you did. :) See https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... arp#p16539
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Zenith
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zenith »

Nova wrote:Don't like this idea as it is. It would make the death insignificant. Maybe something like "Loosing the halve of anything"?
I agree with Nova that this would make the death of the player insignificant. However, maybe have it drop items from your inventory on a random chance type thing (so sometimes you drop a bit, other you drop a lot) and again with a random chance of dropping your weapon/ammo.

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LordFedora »

ssilk wrote:
LordFedora wrote:Ssilk, you spelled your name wrong...
No, one possible way. But you did. :) See https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... arp#p16539
Huh, the more ya know, I'll have to edit my spell check then (^_^)

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”