Turrets Magazine Capacity

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Baldri
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Turrets Magazine Capacity

Post by Baldri »

Maybe you could treat them as a chest so i could link em with green and red wires? So that i can say that every turret stores 10 magazines before the inserters stop working? The problem i got with them is that it tooks ages to reach the 100 magazines, sure i could support em manually a little bit, and it would be fine but isnt the game about automation? ;)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Turrets Magazine Capacity

Post by kovarex »

This is good idea, we should integrate signals into the game more definitely, but this one will be very easy to do.

PS. In the meantime, you can use splitters to solve this (I did so in my speedrun).

Baldri
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Baldri »

I copied the splitter-measure already 8-). However, it costs room for a giant fortress of doom with 50+ Turrets... all that spitters :roll:

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I have almost no time to play the game (programming it all the time), could you provide me some picture of the fortress so I can enjoy it? :)

Baldri
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Baldri »

Well i just build it, nothing too special. I provided a line in an earlier game this way and the fortress just existed in my mind until now. Thats what i came up with for now. 64 towers, makes 6400 Munition. The next step, for efficient Spitterusage would be 128 towers and so on :D. Just all that belts takes plenty of room.

By the way: The new size of the turrets makes a nice uniform looking for the defenseperimeters nearly impossible :?.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”