Foreman 0.1.9 - A factory optimisation tool.

Calculate optimal ratios for feeding recipes, search through the research-tree, specialized tools to view game-information.
PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Foreman - A factory optimisation tool. Version 0.1.8 is up!

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

Fresh crash report.

Playing with Bobs Mods and getting an issue when attempt to display Electronic Circuit Boards (Red Circuit equivalent)

On Foreman load the error log fills with this
ErrorLog
This is the output I'm looking for that I managed to get a few times.

#1:
When I ask it to use a different recipe (Rubber from Cellulose instead of Petroleum) It crashes with no change to the Error Log.

#2:
It doesn't recognise the custom machines from Bob's Mod. (Perhaps the cause of #1?)

#3:
I think there is a rounding issue somewhere.
Each of the processes has the correct timing in and out.

Finally a request.
Is it possible to keep the settings in Enable/Disable objects.
I don't always have Foreman open, and every time I do I need to re-set them to the current tech level.

Nicksaurus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nicksaurus »

Ash19256 wrote:Ok, why is this happening?
Does that just happen whenever you start it up?
PiggyWhiskey wrote:Fresh crash report.
Good news! I'm pretty sure I fixed that one a few days ago, but haven't uploaded it yet because I'm partway through a bit of an overhaul of some of the graph code.
PiggyWhiskey wrote: #3:
I think there is a rounding issue somewhere.
Each of the processes has the correct timing in and out.
Yes, there is. I haven't looked into it in detail yet because it's just a graphical error.
PiggyWhiskey wrote: Finally a request.
Is it possible to keep the settings in Enable/Disable objects.
I don't always have Foreman open, and every time I do I need to re-set them to the current tech level.
Alright. I'll put it on the list

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

I keep forgetting to check bitbucket for issues and updates.

Tried to load the issues/source sites and it won't render on chrome (I can view source perfectly fine)

Just thought to let you know :)

Another bug :)
Treefarm Additional Content is crashing whenever it's included in the loaded mods.
"An Item with the same key has already been added"
Log

Nicksaurus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Foreman 0.1.9 - A factory optimisation tool.

Post by Nicksaurus »

New Version!

Download here

The big change in this version is that you have more control over what's happening in the flowchart. You can click on any node and set it to run at a fixed rate, and any nodes set to 'auto' will run as fast as they can, given these limitations. This should in theory give you enough control to make pretty much any factory setup.
Also, your settings for enabled mods/assemblers/modules etc. are now persistent when you close foreman.
As always, feel free to post problems and suggestions.

ljdp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ljdp »

Nicksaurus wrote:New Version!

Download here

The big change in this version is that you have more control over what's happening in the flowchart. You can click on any node and set it to run at a fixed rate, and any nodes set to 'auto' will run as fast as they can, given these limitations. This should in theory give you enough control to make pretty much any factory setup.
Also, your settings for enabled mods/assemblers/modules etc. are now persistent when you close foreman.
This is fantastic! I've been using it to sanity check the values in my homeworldmod. This makes it so easy. One thing that would be nice is being able to box select multiple nodes and move / delete them, and an option to move all child nodes when you move a parent node.

http://i.imgur.com/fxQMnKH.png

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

Download here

Bug with speed modules is still there :(

Nicksaurus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nicksaurus »

oLaudix wrote:

Download here

Bug with speed modules is still there :(
I've just tested it and it looks alright to me. Using the original example you sent me, making 12 solar panels a minute gives me this: Image

Assembler 3 + 3 Speed 1 Modules = Crafting Speed of 2
Solar panel recipe time (10s) / Crafting speed (2) = 5s per panel = 12 panels a minute

What's the specific setup you're using?

Nicksaurus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nicksaurus »

ljdp wrote:
Nicksaurus wrote:One thing that would be nice is being able to box select multiple nodes and move / delete them, and an option to move all child nodes when you move a parent node.

http://i.imgur.com/fxQMnKH.png
Hmm... both good ideas. I suppose since dragging the background already moves the whole view around I'd have to add a button to change the cursor type or something to box-select. Or maybe shift-clicking should do it.

Also, seeing the rounding errors in that image is annoying me. I need to get around to sorting them out.

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

Nicksaurus wrote:What's the specific setup you're using?
Ok, this is wierd then ... http://i.imgur.com/rA1CRcH.png Ill try to redownload.

EDIT1: Well, I redownloaded it and still same thing ... Also when i set rate to Auto it says 0 on everything ... seems problem on my end, which i dont know how to fix.

Nicksaurus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nicksaurus »

oLaudix wrote:
Nicksaurus wrote:What's the specific setup you're using?
Ok, this is wierd then ... http://i.imgur.com/rA1CRcH.png Ill try to redownload.

EDIT1: Well, I redownloaded it and still same thing ... Also when i set rate to Auto it says 0 on everything ... seems problem on my end, which i dont know how to fix.
Wait... what the hell? I'm only getting the error when the debugger's attached. I'm going to try to work this out.

Edit: Yes! I got it! It was a rounding error. It thought it needed to be something like 0.00000000000218 units faster so it added a whole extra assembler. I'm not sure why it was only happening without the debugger running though... Try this version: https://bitbucket.org/Nicksaurus/foreman/downloads

Also, everything showing as 0 when they're set to auto is intended. If you don't give it any fixed values to work from it's just going to do nothing.

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

Is there any setting that can remove all the excess output nodes?
While it can be interesting what outputs there are when planning massive factories (especially with bobs mods) it just causes confusion.

Also I'm getting the same thing for nodes outputting 0 (and failing further up the tree)

Suggestions:
1. Config setting to invert with input from the top and output to the bottom. Just as a "nice to have"
2. Force set the base resources.
As I bulk produce ores (most people do I think) having the plates as a base resource rather than the ores would make the map cleaner to follow.

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

Nicksaurus wrote:I'm not sure why it was only happening without the debugger running though... Try this version: https://bitbucket.org/Nicksaurus/foreman/downloads
Yes! Its working grate now. <oh joy>

Nicksaurus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nicksaurus »

PiggyWhiskey wrote:Is there any setting that can remove all the excess output nodes?
Not at the moment. You can just delete them all yourself though.
PiggyWhiskey wrote:1. Config setting to invert with input from the top and output to the bottom. Just as a "nice to have"
I agree it would be nice, but it might be a disproportionately large amount of work considering the nearly all the code is written assuming that graphs go from bottom to top.
PiggyWhiskey wrote:2. Force set the base resources
Again, it would be nice, but I'm not sure how much of a need there is for it considering you can just delete the ore nodes and replace them with plate supply nodes. Unless there's a really huge number of inputs that need to be replaced.

SwissAndOr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SwissAndOr »

How do we get something like this to work properly? If I set the output to fixed, then the refinery will overproduce and the cracking will try to produce exactly the same. Any set up using oil cracking messes up all the calculations, and they usually appear when auto completing too. They don't try to add up. Is it possible to do at all? Thanks!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

That's exactly what I reported here
It seems that the petroleum gas produced by the oil processing is merely ignored, all the petroleum used further in the flowchart comes from cracking, which seems suboptimal.
:mrgreen:
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

SwissAndOr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SwissAndOr »

Koub wrote:That's exactly what I reported here
It seems that the petroleum gas produced by the oil processing is merely ignored, all the petroleum used further in the flowchart comes from cracking, which seems suboptimal.
:mrgreen:
Oh, sorry. I didn't see that post. Thanks for linking to it though!

Nicksaurus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nicksaurus »

SwissAndOr wrote:How do we get something like this to work properly? If I set the output to fixed, then the refinery will overproduce and the cracking will try to produce exactly the same. Any set up using oil cracking messes up all the calculations, and they usually appear when auto completing too. They don't try to add up. Is it possible to do at all? Thanks!

Sorry. The only option here is to give each node in the refining process a fixed value. If there's more than one 'path' through a group of recipes it basically just guesses randomly.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Well ... :
- If basic oil processing is chosen, the calculation is easy (only refineries produce heavy, light, and petroleum.
- if advanced processing is chosen, cracking is available, then :
=> Either cracking is used, and it's easy to calculate how much gas/light comes from cracking and how much comes from refineries
=> Either cracking is not used, and it comes back to calculating output from the refineries.

Maybe I missed something, but I feel it shouldn't be too complicated to address this problem.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

Did it stop using speed modules for anyone else after 0.12 hit?

Issue is probably caused by change to how the number of slots in machines are coded.

ps666
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ps666 »

I have the same problem.

Return to “Cheatsheets / Calculators / Viewers”