[Genhis] [1.1.107] Crash loading save with disabled mod "undefined Noise expression within CompiledMapGenSettings"

ohowun
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Genhis] [1.1.107] Crash loading save with disabled mod "undefined Noise expression within CompiledMapGenSettings"

Post by ohowun »

Xorimuth recently released an alpha version of his Lunar Landings mod, found at this Dropbox folder. Version 0.1.3 of Lunar Landings is used in the save.

The game crashes when attempting to load a save with Lunar Landings, while Lunar Landings has not been enabled.

Reproduction steps:
  1. Create a world with Lunar Landings and dependencies enabled; save the world and exit
  2. Disable all mods (except base mod)
  3. Load the saved Lunar Landings world without enabling any mods
Crashlog:
factorio-current.log
(6.28 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
MWE save: (simply Lunar Landings + dependencies, saved midway through rocket crash part of the game introduction).
lunar landings crashtest.zip
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 9 times

ohowun
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.107] Crash loading save with disabled mod "undefined Noise expression within CompiledMapGenSettings"

Post by ohowun »

Is the log not attached?

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.107] Crash loading save with disabled mod "undefined Noise expression within CompiledMapGenSettings"

Post by Bilka »

It's attached but doesn't show any error or crash.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

ohowun wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 2:28 pm
Is the log not attached?
Each time you fire up the game, the factorio-current.log is renamed to factorio-previous.log (and the existing factorio-previous.log is deleted/overwritten). So if you experience a crash, you either need to grab the current log before firing the game back up, or if you've only fired it back up once, the previous log. More than once, and the log is lost. :)
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

ohowun
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ohowun »

Right, my bad, I've tried again and hopefully I've checked this one properly.
factorio-current.log
(11.03 KiB) Downloaded 17 times

Genhis
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Genhis] [1.1.107] Crash loading save with disabled mod "undefined Noise expression within CompiledMapGenSettings"

Post by Genhis »

Thanks for the report, the issue is fixed for 2.0 major release. It's caused by the mod rewriting elevation expression and the game not falling back correctly when the new noise expression is no longer available.

Return to “Fixed for 2.0”