[0.11.19] [kovarex] "Unexpected error" with mods & map exchange string

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Kazuar
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.11.19] [kovarex] "Unexpected error" with mods & map exchange string

Post by Kazuar »

Related to the following mod:
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=8550

I have recently seen an error message saying the following:
"Unexpected error occurred. You can help us to solve the problem by posting the contents of the log file on the Factorio forums."
Therefore, I'm going to post its contents here, knowing perfectly well this issue is very likely mod-related, simply because the box with the big 'X' on it commanded me to.

The log file will show other mods being loaded, as well - I have since then removed all mods from the mod folder, and added them back sequentially, to pin-point the exact mod 'responsible'. This problem is reproduceable to me with the linked mod being the only one in the 'mods' folder.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Download & Enable the mod from the link above
2. Go through the menu options 'play', then 'new game'
3a. If the map generation options are left as-is, and the button "generate" is pressed, a notice appears about the mods control.lua trying to access a "nil value"
3b. If, on the other hand, a map exchange string (from a previous save file) is provided before the button "generate" is pressed, once it becomes pressed, NO objection about "nil values" occur, and after a short moment (as if trying to generate the map first), the game presents the quoted message, and quits after confirming.

I have taken the liberty of removing my Username from the log, just because paranoia.
factorio-previous.log
Map exchange string, just in case
[Note: I'm actually sorry if my posts come off as rude; english is not my native language, and I'm not aware of all it's nuances. Please do point out my misadoptions in tone!]

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.11.19] [kovarex] "Unexpected error" with mods & map exchange string

Post by kovarex »

Hello, the mod is written totally wrong and shouldn't be used.

I made a fix, that shows error message instead of crash in such a case for 0.11.20

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”