[1.1.106][Linux] Crash changing monitor freesync settings (Wayland_GLES_SwapWindow)

AndreasTPC
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.106][Linux] Crash changing monitor freesync settings (Wayland_GLES_SwapWindow)

Post by AndreasTPC »

Hello,

If I go into the hardware menu on my monitor using it's physical buttons, and turn freesync on or off while the game is running, the game crashes. I can reproduce it every time, and I have not noticed the same issue with any other games. It does not need a specific save - the crash will trigger on the title menu screen. I noticed it when playing with the sea block mod pack as well as an assortment of quality of life mods.

I'm guessing this qualifies as a minor issue since it's easy to avoid and triggers only under very specific circumstances, but figured I'd report it so it's known.

Here's the tech stack details I think may be relevant:
- Monitor: Samsung C27HG7x
- Graphics card: Radeon 5700 XT
- Game: Factorio 1.0.106
- Windowing system: Wayland (Sway window manager)
- Graphics drivers: the amdgpu driver built into the Linux kernel

Here's the backtrace:

Code: Select all

38.464 Error CrashHandler.cpp:639: Received SIGSEGV
Factorio crashed. Generating symbolized stacktrace, please wait ...
/tmp/factorio-build-aChkUZ/src/Util/Logger.cpp (336): Logger::writeStacktrace(FileWriteStream*, StackTraceInfo*)
/tmp/factorio-build-aChkUZ/src/Util/Logger.cpp (346): Logger::logStacktrace(StackTraceInfo*)
/tmp/factorio-build-aChkUZ/src/Util/CrashHandler.cpp (188): CrashHandler::writeStackTrace(CrashHandler::CrashReason)
/tmp/factorio-build-aChkUZ/src/Util/CrashHandler.cpp (642): CrashHandler::commonSignalHandler(int)
/tmp/factorio-build-aChkUZ/src/Util/CrashHandler.cpp (648): CrashHandler::SignalHandler(int)
0x7fbd826ec76f
/tmp/factorio-build-aChkUZ/libraries/SDL2/src/video/wayland/SDL_waylandopengles.c (134): Wayland_GLES_SwapWindow
/tmp/factorio-build-aChkUZ/libraries/SDL2/src/video/SDL_video.c (4204): SDL_GL_SwapWindowWithResult
/tmp/factorio-build-aChkUZ/libraries/SDL2/src/video/SDL_video.c (4210): SDL_GL_SwapWindow
/tmp/factorio-build-aChkUZ/src/Graphics/OpenGL/GraphicsInterfaceOpenGL.cpp (262): GraphicsInterfaceOpenGL::swapBuffers()
/tmp/factorio-build-aChkUZ/src/Graphics/SDLWindow.cpp (377): SDLWindow::swap() const
/tmp/factorio-build-aChkUZ/src/GlobalContext.cpp (1591): GlobalContext::swapRenderBuffers()
/tmp/factorio-build-aChkUZ/src/MainLoop.cpp (463): GlobalContext::swapRenderBuffers()
/tmp/factorio-build-aChkUZ/src/MainLoop.cpp (730): MainLoop::mainLoopStep(WorkerThread&, MainLoop::HeavyMode)
/tmp/factorio-build-aChkUZ/src/MainLoop.cpp (423): MainLoop::run(Filesystem::Path const&, Filesystem::Path const&, bool, bool, std::function<void ()>, Filesystem::Path const&, MainLoop::HeavyMode)
/tmp/factorio-build-aChkUZ/src/Main.cpp (1267): main
0x7fbd826d5ccf
__libc_start_main
_start
0xffffffffffffffff
Stack trace logging done
  38.642 Error Util.cpp:100: Unexpected error occurred. If you're running the latest version of the game you can help us solve the problem by posting the contents of the log file on the Factorio forums.
Please also include the save file(s), any mods you may be using, and any steps you know of to reproduce the crash.
The full log is attached. I can provide further details upon request.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(29.41 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.106][Linux] Crash changing monitor freesync settings (Wayland_GLES_SwapWindow)

Post by raiguard »

Thanks for the report. This has been fixed upstream in SDL and will therefore be fixed for Factorio 2.0.
Don't forget, you're here forever.

Return to “Fixed for 2.0”