[raiguard][1.1.107][Linux] Crash reporter does not open the folder with log file

vadcx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[raiguard][1.1.107][Linux] Crash reporter does not open the folder with log file

Post by vadcx »

When you click "Yes" in the Crash message window to open the folder containing the current log file, nothing happens.
Expected: Folder is opened in file browser.

Factorio 1.1.106 and 1.1.107

Steps:
1. Start Factorio on a map
2. Send SIGSEGV using htop
3. Click YES in window

Code: Select all

0.000 2024-04-19 12:22:08; Factorio 1.1.107 (build 62234, linux64, steam)
  35.527 Error CrashHandler.cpp:639: Received SIGSEGV
Please also include the save file(s), any mods you may be using, and any steps you know of to reproduce the crash.
  50.423 Info SystemUtil.cpp:878: Started /usr/bin/xdg-open; trampoline PID: 115567
  50.423 Uploading log file
  50.474 Info SystemUtil.cpp:878: Started /home/vadim/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Factorio/bin/x64/factorio; trampoline PID: 115569
This looked correct so I decided to look at what Factorio launches with:

while true; do pid="$(pgrep xdg-open)"; if [ ! -z "$pid" ]; then ps -o pid,args -p "$pid"; break; fi; done;

PID COMMAND
 118327 /bin/sh /usr/bin/xdg-open /home/vadim/.factorio
This looks correct and when run in Shell opens the folder. Now this seems weird, why doesn't it work when Factorio runs it? The only possible explanation is that Factorio would be running the path as one argument

# my assumption:
vadim$ /bin/sh "/usr/bin/xdg-open /home/vadim/.factorio"
/bin/sh: /usr/bin/xdg-open /home/vadim/.factorio: No such file or directory # exit code 127
Well OK, ok, heavier artillery?
Steam startup parameters, follow-forks is needed because the error window is a forked process:

strace --follow-forks -t -o /home/vadim/strace-factorio.log %command%

121659 18:48:35 execve("/usr/bin/xdg-open", ["xdg-open", "/home/vadim/.factorio"], 0x3c73a60 /* 98 vars */ <unfinished ...>
... if I read correctly it returns this:
121659 18:48:35 <... execve resumed>)   = 0
... if I read the log correctly then the error window child process is this:
121659 18:48:35 +++ exited with 4 +++
Looks fine here so I don't know why it doesn't open the folder in Dolphin? ... Further testing has allowed me to replicate this in Shell with "xdg-open /home/vadim/fullpath" but not "xdg-open fullpath" while inside the home directory. Sometimes. Then it had gone away. A heisenbug?

Still, when Factorio tries to call xdg-open it always fails to open in Dolphin. While I had partial success to replicate it outside Factorio (this may hint at a system configuration or Dolphin/KDE problem), Factorio is the only thing that has 100% success rate at failing :D

PS: This appears to affect the "Show Desync Report" button too.

Since this is a very high priority issue, I hope this can be fixed until next April 1st, 2025. Here's a fancy countdown to keep you aware of the deadline: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/g ... 00&p0=4365 And if you are still using Windows XP, you can set this web page as your desktop background to be reminded of it.

Thank you

Return to “Assigned”