[0.9.8] [Mac] Login for updater doesn't work

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Roadie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.9.8] [Mac] Login for updater doesn't work

Post by Roadie »

This is on OS X 10.9.2, with the "0.9.8 (alpha)" version downloaded from https://www.factorio.com/download/stable.

The game works perfectly except in one way: when I start the app, and it pops up the login box for automatic updates, my username and password for Factorio.com don't work, giving the "Your username or password is incorrect" message with every try. I know I have it right because logging in/out on Factorio.com with the same username and password works fine.

bcvery1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.9.8] [Mac] Login for updater doesn't work

Post by bcvery1 »

Same for Linux (Ubuntu 13.10 64bit)

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Thanks for the report. We think this is caused by a firewall / proxy on the way from you to our server. In 0.10.0 we should be able to detect this problem. If it is the case, then there is nothing we can do about it, you will have to fix it either yourself or with your ISP.

I'm moving this to resolved for next release, if the problem remains in 0.10.0 (when updating FROM 0.10.0 further, not when updating TO 0.10.0), please open a new topic.
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

RandomDragon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by RandomDragon »

I would like to add an update to this, to say that I am unable to get the automatic updater to work on Windows 7 - 64 bit. I have checked and the windows firewall is allowing Factorio to pass through, and the username and password are the same as the ones I use to download the game. I am using 0.11.7 (Build 12875, win64). So I would say this issue isn't resolved. Or at least it isn't resolved for Windows, but I didn't see any other threads talking about it.

Any suggestions? It might be nice to have a partial update file on the website, so I don't have to download the entire installer when I want to update.

Thanks!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”