[0.9.8] Oil leaks

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Holy-Fire
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.9.8] Oil leaks

Post by Holy-Fire »

When I connect a pumpjack to a storage tank, the tank starts to fill up at a certain rate.

When the tank starts to get full (say, 2000 units out of the max capacity of 2,500 units), the rate at which its storage fills up decreases. This is despite the fact that the pumpjack is still operating at full force, which means that some oil is lost. As the max capacity is approached, the fill rate slows down to a crawl - almost all of the produced oil vanishes.

I'm still on 0.9.8, but I didn't see anything in 0.10 changelog that could address this.

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.9.8] Oil leaks

Post by Rahjital »

Is there any way to see if the oil really vanishes or if the pumpjack just pumps slower? I always thought that was what happened when the filling speed dropped.

As a way to circumvent the issue, maybe an electric pump could help here. It should drain the tubes leading from pumpjacks so that they don't have to push any oil away and can pump at full capacity.

Holy-Fire
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Holy-Fire »

Rahjital wrote:Is there any way to see if the oil really vanishes or if the pumpjack just pumps slower? I always thought that was what happened when the filling speed dropped.
Yes. If you open the pumpjack GUI you see the progress bar filling at the normal speed. The electricity usage of the pumpjacks is normal. The animation (which generally correlates with activity) is normal. And worst of all - depletion of the oil field's yield continues at the normal rate despite no oil being added. In fact, that's how I noticed this in the first place - I was measuring oil depletion and noticed an inconsistency in the results as the storage tanks became fuller.

(On that note, not sure if it's common knowledge, but my result is that yield decreases by 1% for every ~75 pumping cycles. The bug reported messed up my attempts for more accurate measurements).
Rahjital wrote: As a way to circumvent the issue, maybe an electric pump could help here. It should drain the tubes leading from pumpjacks so that they don't have to push any oil away and can pump at full capacity.
Tried, it only helps a little, there is still oil being wasted. And of course, it may be reasonable to require pumps to fill storage tanks completely, but we shouldn't have to do this just to prevent oil from disappearing.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Thanks for the report. There was a leak indeed. This is now fixed for 0.10.1.

Holy-Fire
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Holy-Fire »

slpwnd wrote:Thanks for the report. There was a leak indeed. This is now fixed for 0.10.1.
Cool!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”