[0.10.1] requestor chest doesn't get what it wants

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
squisher
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.10.1] requestor chest doesn't get what it wants

Post by squisher »

http://squisher.co/s/bug.zip

The requestor chest I'm standing next to, (for the conveyor belt factory) isn't getting any gear deliveries even though there are plenty in the providor chests (there's one just to the north.)

If you change the requested gear count on the requestor chest, forcing a refresh, it starts working again. (For example, change the desired gears from 5 to 4.)

How I got here:
Originally, gear factory smart outserters were set to 200 gear limit.
Add too many gear requestors, so 100% of gears on logistic network are sitting in requestor chests, and conveyor belt requestor becomes empty and can't get any new deliveries
Increased smart outserter limit to 400 gears.

Der_Doodle
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.10.1] requestor chest doesn't get what it wants

Post by Der_Doodle »

Maybe a stupid question but I though Items in the Requester Chest dont count to your Logistic Network Item Number.

Having 1000 Gears in Requester Chests and 100 Gears in Provider chests and 0 Gears in Storage means you have 100 Gears in your Network and not 1100.

Could it be that you maybe had too many requester chests and too much put-through of those gears that one chest never could get filled cause all gears went first to the other chests and before they could work on that specific chest the other chests already screamed for new materials?

squisher
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by squisher »

Ah, you're right, requester chests dont count towards logistic count. So ignore the "how I got here" part.

The bug still stands though, in the save game there are plenty of gears in the provider, and plenty of logistic bots idle inside the roboports. It is not a material shortage issue.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Hello, thank you for the report.

The chest was in the list of requesters that have already everything, so it was ignored.
I fixed one possible way it could stay there (destroyed logistic robot carrying stuff there didn't trigger the chest to be set as active requester again) and set all requesters active in the migration.

The conclusion is, that it probably fixes the problem causing that, but there is no guarantee, so let me know if it happens again somewhere after 0.10.x

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”