[0.11.3] Incorrect train signal behavior

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.11.3] Incorrect train signal behavior

Post by Boogieman14 »

n9103 wrote:I would only call it a bug if the opposing signal doesn't get a blue highlight, as they do when normally placing on opposite sides.
They're not on opposite sides. They're on two different stretches of track. The will not and should not 'connect'. The problem appears to be that the northbound signal is placed in a position where the two curves are actually still considered to be in the same block. As I said, move the northbound signal down just a short distance and everything's working as expected.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

I'm just saying that because it could be that the devs set up a behavior like this, since there's no room in the middle for a signal.
But yes, all signs point to being a bug, though an easily avoided one.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

User_Name
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by User_Name »

Well, I made better picture.

The signals in the white circles are working as expected. Two trains running on this track without issues.
The signal in the red circle is ALWAYS green. It does not interfere with the other signals operation. It does not divide track in blocks.
It just sits there, forever green, doing nothing.

Attach your blueprints to forum posts with Foreman or Blueprint string.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Ok, so I made a change to make it less confusing.

Whenever the player creates signal, that doesn't split blocks, it will change colors green->orange->red the same way as when it is not connected.

Here are two examples of such a situation:

In a loop with just one signal, both sides of the signal control the same block, so the signal actually do nothing.

The second situation is technically the same, as the overlapping rails makes it to single block.

So I'm moving this to fixed for the next release.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”