Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Post by YuokiTani »

MantisShrimp wrote:Well, whatever you add, I hope it has a bunch of spinning things and flashing lights. Spinning things and flashing lights are cool.
if i remember correct you wanted a radar-station, i have nothing speaks against ... so in next version YI sells also Radars.
consumes more energy and greater range (of course)

also i fill another gap (at the module-line was still place for 1 icon) - greater beacon - not so good as you want, but a little bit better and greater range.
maybe i need to slowdown the animation a little

after all - the result = flashing and spinning things ;)

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

YuokiTani wrote:
MantisShrimp wrote:Well, whatever you add, I hope it has a bunch of spinning things and flashing lights. Spinning things and flashing lights are cool.
if i remember correct you wanted a radar-station, i have nothing speaks against ... so in next version YI sells also Radars.

also i fill another gap (at the module-line was still place for 1 icon) - greater beacon - not so good as you want, but a little bit better and greater range.

a very good job and a very cool mod), it would be good to add something.

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

YuokiTani wrote:

Weeeee! Spinning flashing lights! I can't wait to redesign the cage/farm setup with the new beacons. I gotta produce more poo!

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by StanFear »

YuokiTani wrote:

oh boy, this is amazing graphics, so sad you stopped making those for others (would have love some of that for my mod ...),
anyways, your mod is definetly one of the best mods on the forum ! I love it, and keep the good work !

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

StanFear wrote:oh boy, this is amazing graphics, so sad you stopped making those for others (would have love some of that for my mod ...),
anyways, your mod is definetly one of the best mods on the forum ! I love it, and keep the good work !
i have read your request, now i'am waiting ^^ for some time and solution (best way to make it) - to fulfill that. but usually i don't post or speak about things before it's not done.
And it's still the right way to post a request in the texture-forum !

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by StanFear »

YuokiTani wrote:i have read your request, now i'am waiting ^^ for some time and solution (best way to make it) - to fulfill that. but usually i don't post or speak about things before it's not done.
And it's still the right way to post a request in the texture-forum !
OK, well, I'm waiting patirently then ^^
And I am still using your mod ! (still as awesome as before (actually, even better each time I use it !))

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

stepping forward ...
new roboport with greater range (simple animation atm)

reworked Infuser (more detail to model and new animation-loop)
release version will have a slower animation-speed

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

YuokiTani wrote:stepping forward ...
new roboport with greater range (simple animation atm)

reworked Infuser (more detail to model and new animation-loop)

release version will have a slower animation-speed
oh wow, that new infuser has so many flashing lights. The current infuser has slow animation-speed until you surround it with beacons and fill it with speed modules, then it's just nuts. Lol.

SKleen75
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SKleen75 »

Oh the roboport is nice.
YuokiTani Fanboy.

bruteman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bruteman »

Awesome Mod I have been working though it on my current play-through and tho i cant find this in the past 77 posts i figured id ask the question (possibly repeated sorry)

Version : Yi 2.40 / yi_engines 0.1.8

The modules in your mod I understand end products you do not wish to have any productivity working in but currently I am half setup my main bus and all the Yi / Yi Engines "intermediates" will not take production modules seems only vanilla game intermediates work... was this intended? currently things like reinforced gears conductive wire etc cannot be fit with Tenschi & Oldbull modules.

Other thing it shows things like blue transport belts and electric engines "could" be crafted in the fluid handler but what incentive is there to do that when its crafting speed is slower then a T3 vanilla assembler was it intended to have the fluid handler on par with the fast assembly "A"? if not might I request that Fast assembly "A" receive the ability to take in lubricant?

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

bruteman wrote:Awesome Mod I have been working though it on my current play-through and tho i cant find this in the past 77 posts i figured id ask the question (possibly repeated sorry)
The modules in your mod I understand end products you do not wish to have any productivity working in but currently I am half setup my main bus and all the Yi / Yi Engines "intermediates" will not take production modules seems only vanilla game intermediates work... was this intended? currently things like reinforced gears conductive wire etc cannot be fit with Tenschi & Oldbull modules.
intended no, but a good result.
modules are OP (vanilla & all modded), i hate these ^^ - these modules make any good calculation and balance worthless. infused-uc was designed as portable energy-storage and calculation without modules gives you a 1:1 input and output energy-accumulator. modules reduce energy to 20% and the output was still 100% so you get 4x energy back as you invested. so i needed to balance this new and now it's you need modules to make energy-profit. in my opinion the core-game-strategy and some fun comes from limited-ressources. with productivity modules you bump this value up and possible use on items even more and as result it removes the need to go outside and find new ressources. (of course UC allow this too). but i wont force this gameplay with creating more OP modules. use on ressources (in miners) it's for me okay. and all crafted stuff is based on basic materials.
bruteman wrote: Other thing it shows things like blue transport belts and electric engines "could" be crafted in the fluid handler but what incentive is there to do that when its crafting speed is slower then a T3 vanilla assembler was it intended to have the fluid handler on par with the fast assembly "A"? if not might I request that Fast assembly "A" receive the ability to take in lubricant?
the fluid-handler is for filling and other many-pipe-operations in yuoki-industries and not as improved vanilla-assembly. if you use for normal vanilla it's poor - for sure better to use vanilla. the fast assembly is with modules better than a T3-vanilla even 1 module-slot less. crafting also vanilla-recipes is more a side-effect and a option if you want more flexiblity. the fast-A is more a basic faster way, not if you have enough ressources and fitting all with modules. it will help you in early and mid-game and to speed up production of time-consume products without too much planing. example: copper-wire for chip production, vanilla modules production.

bruteman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bruteman »

YuokiTani wrote:
bruteman wrote:Awesome Mod I have been working though it on my current play-through and tho i cant find this in the past 77 posts i figured id ask the question (possibly repeated sorry)
intended no, but a good result.
modules are OP (vanilla & all modded), i hate these ^^ - these modules make any good calculation and balance worthless. infused-uc was designed as portable energy-storage and calculation without modules gives you a 1:1 input and output energy-accumulator. modules reduce energy to 20% and the output was still 100% so you get 4x energy back as you invested. so i needed to balance this new and now it's you need modules to make energy-profit. in my opinion the core-game-strategy and some fun comes from limited-ressources. with productivity modules you bump this value up and possible use on items even more and as result it removes the need to go outside and find new ressources. (of course UC allow this too). but i wont force this gameplay with creating more OP modules. use on ressources (in miners) it's for me okay. and all crafted stuff is based on basic materials.
Ok I understand and really power has been my problem all along the build figuring out the boilers / generators how they fit together and still have water flow has been a time waster of many hours even on live stream theory crafting setups. kinda gave up for now and went solar / accumulator.

I Understand the desire for getting out there on the map kinda why I paired RSO & Natural Evo with my YI pack forcing trains and limited resources in base i just figured id ask as the error message when you try and insert a productivity module is "intermediates only" and i didnt know if you meant for all intermediates or not.
YuokiTani wrote:
bruteman wrote: Other thing it shows things like blue transport belts and electric engines "could" be crafted in the fluid handler but what incentive is there to do that when its crafting speed is slower then a T3 vanilla assembler was it intended to have the fluid handler on par with the fast assembly "A"? if not might I request that Fast assembly "A" receive the ability to take in lubricant?
the fluid-handler is for filling and other many-pipe-operations in yuoki-industries and not as improved vanilla-assembly. if you use for normal vanilla it's poor - for sure better to use vanilla. the fast assembly is with modules better than a T3-vanilla even 1 module-slot less. crafting also vanilla-recipes is more a side-effect and a option if you want more flexiblity. the fast-A is more a basic faster way, not if you have enough ressources and fitting all with modules. it will help you in early and mid-game and to speed up production of time-consume products without too much planing. example: copper-wire for chip production, vanilla modules production.
Understood i am i guess at what you would consider mid-game currently in your Mods and with all the demands for electric engines in making Yi parts my options for speed and power efficient were to go with fast - A but that cant be done to balance with all the other speeds of intermediates so its been a bit of a mess with beacons and speed modules around a tier 3 factory making the electric engines. thanks for the prompt reply enjoying the mod and learning it as i go.

bruteman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bruteman »

Also to note though I see you don't care for module but there is some error in the production modules ...

http://imgur.com/a/6Mrsg

The pollution reduction actually increases pollution ?

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

bruteman wrote: Ok I understand and really power has been my problem all along the build figuring out the boilers / generators how they fit together and still have water flow has been a time waster of many hours even on live stream theory crafting setups. kinda gave up for now and went solar / accumulator.
i know, i see people failing this in every let's play and i can explain or make examples every time it dosen't help :) - so i know this problem, but atm factorio don't support image in the item-description or longer text.

if you not use MF, all is vanilla mechanic :)
working example pictures with reserves - safe builds - without special
no, the vanilla mechanic is ... more energy = more pollution its a fixed ratio. i designed the modules so it only provides more speed without many more pollution as a hidden feature ;)

bruteman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bruteman »

YuokiTani wrote:
bruteman wrote: Ok I understand and really power has been my problem all along the build figuring out the boilers / generators how they fit together and still have water flow has been a time waster of many hours even on live stream theory crafting setups. kinda gave up for now and went solar / accumulator.
i know, i see people failing this in every let's play and i can explain or make examples every time it dosen't help :) - so i know this problem, but atm factorio don't support image in the item-description or longer text.

if you not use MF, all is vanilla mechanic :)
working example pictures with reserves - safe builds - without special
My issue has been water flow with the obnisnk based on your photos its only good enough for 2 generators then the water flow is too depleted to go farther in my tests. I did manage to get 4 9.7's off 1 Ob with 10 pumps input and output split 50/50 water and generators (4 ports 2 in 2 out)

or similar setup 5 4.5's and 2 3.3's for primary

but yes thanks for the images!e

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

you can add as many generators add as you want, water-flow or not, because vanilla-mechanics you can take a max. amount of 25 MW x 0.90 = 22.5 MW energy out. If you manage to get full pipes you can't go over this 22.5 MW in water because the boiler caps this. The perfect setup is 2 Rensuir-Turbines behind, because their efficency, you get 22 MW + water overflow ~ 1-2 MW but need a loop closed behind the 2 Turbines and between the additional generator. If you use yi_engines you can try the Rheinsberg -> setting up water pipes to feed and get out 50 MW is a challenge ;)

Version 0.2.41 is out and i call this last factorio 0.12 version
the change-list is a little bit longer and you should read this list carefully
and here it is ...

removes:
- old turrets (1x1 's)
- old bunker-storage (2x2, 3x3, 4x4)

changes:
#recipes
- recipes of all accumulators
- recipe of Atomic Quantum Composer
- recipe of Laika-Gate
- recipe Advanced Machine Frame
- recipe ZTT-Weapon
- recipe E2-Mining Drill
- recipes of 1M8-, 3M6- and obninsk-Boiler
- recipe 1.8MS-Turbine-S, Rensuir-Turbine
- recipe flying robots
#graphics
- graphic super-conductive-coil
- graphic atomic-quantum-composer (not final i think)
#parameter
- solar stirling reduced output 75kW->40kW (10kW per tile, vanilla 5.6kW)
- AQE 180 MJ -> 200 MJ

new:
#entity
- YI-Roboport 120 Square
- YI-Beacon 65% + greater Range
- YI-Radar - faster + greater Range
#items
- YI-Chip-Board
- Dot-Zetron-Wafer
- Magnetron

summary:
- higher demand for green (-stuff dust, pellets, shards)
- streamlined play
- in my opinion more logical recipes in relation to YI

bruteman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bruteman »

Awesome. changes I'll load it up for my weekend live stream.

I did not know of the water limitation of 22MW I did manage 38.8 MW Stable using yi engines pipes and 1 obnisnk trick was to put a yi engine pipe between each generator thus what i thought the game was doing was squeezing the water through faster to more generators i.e. flow rate in smaller pipes much faster then big ones mechanic.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

you can post a image of that setup :) - and leave a link to your livestream as well so others and i can watch.

bruteman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bruteman »

Live stream starting tonight (EST 9pm ) Will be a running of your newest version from start to where ever i get by Monday Evening (Long weekend here in Canada :D )

You can come watch me stream this weekend at twitch:

http://www.twitch.tv/thebruteman

Mod list for this Weekends stream: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

i'll highlight the 3+ hours we spent last weekend theory crafting and the final "boiler trick" i talked about above as that boiler is long gone in my current save to take a pic of it.

http://www.twitch.tv/thebruteman/v/43687555

bruteman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bruteman »

YuokiTani wrote:you can post a image of that setup :) - and leave a link to your livestream as well so others and i can watch.
here i just found a old save i could build the examples in pics :
Pictures
Last edited by bruteman on Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Yuoki Industries”