New Rail Layout

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Gus_Smedstad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: New Rail Layout

Post by Gus_Smedstad »

Also, I should add I didn't start with a multi-platform train platform even in my Marathon game. My first train station was a simple shuttle to pick up copper I desperately needed which was a long way away. And then I built an entirely separate line for my first long distance iron mine. I didn't bother with signals on either line for quite a while since there was only one train on each, and the lines went in different directions. Only later did sharing rail, and thus signalling, matter.

Gouada
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Gouada »

I just want to say that I'm an experienced player who's played over 250 hours but usually restart before ending, so I've only "finished" two worlds. I like trains and don't mind spending a long time setting up a system that may not get much use.
That's kinda why I started this topic! :)
No, I'm not a piece of cheese! :D

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

I guess the mod that has the least influence on gameplay but still encourages train usage, is RSO. Especially in the 0.10 era (RSO 1.0.3 i think), I've had a few games where I ended up putting down insanely long train lines just to find either coal or copper. The current version of RSO is a lot more generous with resource deposits near the starting area (at least when using the default settings)
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Gus_Smedstad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Gus_Smedstad »

Gouada wrote:I just want to say that I'm an experienced player who's played over 250 hours but usually restart before ending, so I've only "finished" two worlds.
In that case, what would you like the mods to change about the game? Not that I'm any expert. I've only played one modded game so far, using the Marathon, Resource Spawner Overhaul, and the Color Coding mods. Marathon made the game longer and required far more resources (i.e. an Electronic circuit goes up from 1.5 copper ore and 1 iron ore to 10 copper and 2.5 iron) and Resource Spawner Overhaul meant the ore sources were farther apart but in bigger chunks. Color coding of course is just cosmetic, but handy for things like indicator lights and identifying trains.

I enjoyed it, but if you find you get bored before launching a satellite, the Marathon mod is going to make it worse. The game said it took me 170 hours to get to that point! I agree with Boogieman, if you want more reasons to use trains, but don't want to change things much otherwise, RSO alone is probably best.

Return to “Show your Creations”