Let's see your clever builds

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

gizmo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Let's see your clever builds

Post by gizmo »

I admit that with large amount of extra long trains it is just more efficient to go two line track. But for factory designed just to launch a rocket I do not see a need for something larger 1+2 trains. Acutally design above supposed to support these trains, but I've measured them vertically. Silly me. Anyway, it turned out I do not use more then one wagon. For anybody who use more then one it's trivial to adjust the design to their needs. It doen's support lengthening trains afterwards, but I do not perceive this fact as "horrible". Works for me, maybe someone else will like it too.

OAK
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by OAK »

My underground factory or furnace setup from an ancient thread.

You should open in a new tab.

Leveller
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Leveller »

Big electronic-circuit factory. When needed to expand longer, just add more coppebelts and splitters "down the line" :)

Vinyl_ScratchPlays
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vinyl_ScratchPlays »

I really dont know how but this THIS BASE uses some Compacted stuff but what i made here is Terrible but it works.......
http://imgur.com/u7lBuIV
Attachments
I really dont know
I really dont know
My head hurts.png (1.81 MiB) Viewed 10301 times

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

So what is the clever part?

DoctorWho?
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DoctorWho? »

Vinyl_ScratchPlays wrote:I really dont know how but this THIS BASE uses some Compacted stuff but what i made here is Terrible but it works.......
http://imgur.com/u7lBuIV
2/10, contains loops on trains

Seriously though, that's better than my bases, and I've started over with Bob's Mods about 30 times...

Edit: CLeared up my stupid engrish :lol: :lol
Last edited by DoctorWho? on Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlexTheNotsogreat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AlexTheNotsogreat »

Boogieman14 wrote:Anything will get attacked if biters perceive it as 'standing in their way', even if it's a belt, railway track or powerpole. Radars have a bit of a special position, because they do seem to attract some more attention than other pollution-free entities. I think the wiki still states that radars will strongly attract biters. I don't believe that to be true, but they do at times appear to go out of their way to chew on a radar post.
Yes, they do go for radar outposts a lot, but nothing else. I've had a bunch of my radars be destroyed in small areas like this, but they never go for anything else. So yes, the radars are never safe!

BigBoneBilly
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BigBoneBilly »

Hello everybody. I want to share some of my stuff from this awesome game. Its my first savegame, anyway im >100 hours in it, but i´m not very efficent. its more like, lets built some stuff, built more stuff, break down the stuff i built before, repeat.

My Orelanes.
Priority
1. Ores from the specific ore trains
2. Ores from the mixed trains (if full it goes into the buffersystem)
3. Ore from the buffer
http://i.imgur.com/asjffSE.jpg

My smelting lines
http://i.imgur.com/EuLiV59.jpg

Here you can see my (old) main bus. Right to the bus my science production (relocated it yesterday ;) ) and some basic production (also renewed yesterday). At the top my trainstations with the sorter for the mixed trainlanes.
http://i.imgur.com/deh5WQI.jpg

And my new main bus i built yesterday, with some basic production. At the bottom left you can see a test for a new buffer system, the same layout i use for the orebuffer.
http://i.imgur.com/4wp0oER.jpg

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

Hey everyone, I was inspired by Xterminator's advanced circuit tutorial vid at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3rAzVcnjGs and one of the comments showing this version of the octagon setup to make my own octagon advanced circuit setup.

Here it is with details:

http://i.imgur.com/GAGaO33.jpg

And without:

http://i.imgur.com/ZbAntOA.jpg

Basically I moved the advanced circuit output to the inside of the octagon around the copper cable assembler. It is easily converted to use logistics bots. It is also easily scaled up and the directions of flow can be moved so the advanced circuits can go whichever way you want. And it only uses four medium power poles if you're not counting the electronic circuit assemblers.

Plastic come up from the bottom and goes on the belt along with the electronic circuits. At the time I had quite the oil crisis so there wasn't any plastic. Only one electronic circuit assembler is needed to provide for the eight advanced circuit assemblers full time, but it looked weird to me and I'm so used to the 3 copper 2 e-circuit setup anyway.

Marv
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Marv »

OAK wrote:My underground factory or furnace setup from an ancient thread.

Why not use something like this:

It's more space efficient and it seems like thats what you're going for.

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

Marv wrote:
OAK wrote:My underground factory or furnace setup from an ancient thread.

Why not use something like this:

It's more space efficient and it seems like thats what you're going for.
That's a good improvement. Would power poles have the range from outside the assemblers though?

Marv
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Marv »

Ah, you're right. Wooden ones wouldn't do, steel ones would. But I'm not sure if you could get it to be more space efficient with either steel poles or substations. Would have to test that later.

RoddyVR
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by RoddyVR »

Jackielope wrote:Hey everyone, I was inspired by Xterminator's advanced circuit tutorial vid at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3rAzVcnjGs and one of the comments showing this version of the octagon setup to make my own octagon advanced circuit setup.

Here it is with details:

http://i.imgur.com/GAGaO33.jpg

And without:

http://i.imgur.com/ZbAntOA.jpg

Basically I moved the advanced circuit output to the inside of the octagon around the copper cable assembler. It is easily converted to use logistics bots. It is also easily scaled up and the directions of flow can be moved so the advanced circuits can go whichever way you want. And it only uses four medium power poles if you're not counting the electronic circuit assemblers.

Plastic come up from the bottom and goes on the belt along with the electronic circuits. At the time I had quite the oil crisis so there wasn't any plastic. Only one electronic circuit assembler is needed to provide for the eight advanced circuit assemblers full time, but it looked weird to me and I'm so used to the 3 copper 2 e-circuit setup anyway.
I'm almost sure that setup wont work full speed. the red circuits assemblies will be waiting for cable, because the cable assembly will be waiting for copper that the one fast inserter cant provide fast enough.

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

RoddyVR wrote:
I'm almost sure that setup wont work full speed. the red circuits assemblies will be waiting for cable, because the cable assembly will be waiting for copper that the one fast inserter cant provide fast enough.
With blue assemblers it runs at full speed. Just tested with yellow and... It's pretty close. But yellow with speed modules would definitely not be able to go fast enough so I'll add another copper inserter to the center cable assembler in my updated design that includes plastic production. Thanks for letting me know.

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

I've updated the setup to now include plastic production and storage for petroleum gas along with an extra inserter for the center copper cable assembler.

http://i.imgur.com/EI70y8w.jpg

teenusa
Inserter
Inserter

Post by teenusa »

I hope it is okey for that i post an edited Version of your Design (:
I've worked a Little bit with jackilope's design and with time I improved some Things.:
-I made it a Little bit smaller in lengh and width
-I made it easyier to expand
-I mad three different Versions (Normal, "faster", kompatibl with more modules)
-I tried realy hard to reduce the amounts of belts with making the undergound Belts longer
-I made it Cheaper with using less Fast inserters
-Now the Design has some buffer Chests
-Now it is fully modular
-I added pumps so you can build more modules in one row
-I tried to make it cheaper
-I tried to Balance the stuff on the Belts even

Foreman Blueprints:
Normal
faster All belts are nearlyy full but it produces not much more
The same as faster but it has extrexm fast Belts so that Iron and Copper can move faster
All three Modules in one Row (the first one I hod to mod a Little bit, so it is compatible with the other ones)
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (2).png (2.52 MiB) Viewed 12257 times
The "normal" Module
Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (3).png (1.07 MiB) Viewed 12257 times
aka Chaftalie

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

I don't mind others tinkering with my builds at all! That's one of the reasons I post them since improving them is good for the game. But I do have some comments on it:

Pumps were already trivially added to my updated design, both up the main line and going straight into the tank. I specifically made it that way and they would have been covered by power poles already in place.

The fast inserters taking in plastic and electronic circuits were there since that's what I had on me at the time. Regular inserters work perfectly fine there as in your design. In retrospect I suppose I should have Ggone through things to note those little parts.

Your design contains tier 3 assemblers which might not be accessible when someone first builds this. I put in only tier 2 because I wanted to keep the assemblers uniform. Also, you mention wanting to make the design cheaper but tier 3 assemblers aren't exactly cheap plus they require blue science, speed modules, and the very advanced circuits they're helping to make.

Likewise, if the substation is part of the normal module then that also requires blue science and it's not cheap either. It's more efficient use of resources to have four medium power poles instead, plus it doesn't use advanced circuits like the substation does.

I notice you use belt braiding/staggering which is something I purposefully avoided. While it is certainly useful it's not something I personally like to use mostly for simplicity reasons. Only having to use a single belt type means needing to carry fewer different items types. In terms of compacting things you've certainly used that mechanic to its fullest, and it'll work well for those who want as much compacting as they can get.

Your design relies on increased inserter stack size to have full throughput, especially for the center copper cable assembler. Without inserter stack size science you'll need fast inserters there for full throughput. Using the underground belts along with inserters and chests to capitalize on stack size is clever though and it means there's no need for the second belt feeding the copper cable assembler once tier 3 assemblers are put in place.

The underground belts in the center of the octagon... Yup, you saved a couple belts there. And you could save the use of the underground belt on the side opposite the copper inserter since there's no longer a use in keeping it open for copper to continue on.

I hadn't entertained the thought of keeping the plastic and electronic circuits balanced on the belt and I'm not sure of its practical value. One electronic circuit assembler exactly feeds 8 advanced circuit assemblers assuming the same assembler speed. One chemical plant also provides exactly enough plastic for 8 advanced circuit assemblers assuming same speed, but since chem plants work at 1.25 baseline while assembler 2's works at .75 baseline there will be a difference. They balance out if or when the assemblers get upgraded to tier 3, but I made my design to be usable before then.

Your design is definitely useful once more science has been researched, but it's not quite possible to use the moment plastic is available. It also requires Logistics 2 for the red belts to enable the belt braid, and those belts require more iron gears than the regular yellow belts so it's trading cost for being a little more compact than my version.

teenusa
Inserter
Inserter

Post by teenusa »

You also are using red belts in your design to compress the items on the Belt better and i do not use Tier 3 Assemblers in my "normal" Design EDIT:(I forgott to Change the Tier 3 Assembler to an Tier 2 Assembler whil I was making the screenshots :shock: )

And yeah the substation could easily be changed to 2 or 3 normal Power Poles.

The only practical value by keeping the plastic and the electronic circuits balanced is when you are using more than 2 modules in one row, because the items will stack up in the last module.
A other (possible easier solution) would be to disconnect the plastic and the electronic circuits from each module so each module has his own circulation System.

Yes there I overlooked an Little detail . In the middle You can replace an Underground Belt with normal belts.

I will overlook the Design a secound time and And next Weekend I will post some Screenshots (I hope without these nasty "bugs" ;))

If I have enough time I maybe will build a Design like that for blue electronic circuits
aka Chaftalie

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

An octagon setup for processing units can work with 7 assemblers and then the 8th is the chemical plant pumping sulfuric acid. I've found it's not worth it to try putting it in the middle if you're wanting to output the processing units to the middle too since the pipes take up too much room, and I've spent a few hours tinkering with it to little avail. A setup like http://imgur.com/b4hZhfr would end up working better than trying to push an octagon, though when it comes to processing units 8 advanced circuit assemblers to 7 processing unit assemblers works quite well. The exact ratio is 16 to 15, but that's not exactly practical to use so 8 to 7 might work, but 6 to 5 works well too like in the link.

sidul
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sidul »

fiu, all ppl here make a big factory, how about a simple and practical factory of mine, ops i think its not simple hehehehe

[img]
Factorio 2015-11-17 18-00-30-56.jpg
Factorio 2015-11-17 18-00-30-56.jpg (234.93 KiB) Viewed 12082 times
[/img]
[img]
Factorio 2015-11-19 00-21-36-95.jpg
Factorio 2015-11-19 00-21-36-95.jpg (260.4 KiB) Viewed 12009 times
[/img]
:)

Return to “Show your Creations”