All in one 5/6/12 science for assembling machine 3

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
Sekkmer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

All in one 5/6/12 science for assembling machine 3

Post by Sekkmer »

So here is my compact design for all 4 science:

https://imgur.com/QjDryL4

txt for blueprint string:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1l266cwowef0m ... e.txt?dl=0

Old one for v.0.11:

http://imgur.com/YH9CTwT

blueprint string v.0.11:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/quiixynea1qg7 ... 3.txt?dl=0
Last edited by Sekkmer on Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:56 am, edited 7 times in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: All in one 5/6/12 science for assembling macine 3

Post by Koub »

Very elegant design indeed. The only thing I don't like about it is the use of interleaved underground belts, which I consider like some kind of cheating. However, I feel that all the top part between the blue science packs and the oil sector could be shifted one tile right with minor arrangements to solve that (may be a lot darder than it seems though).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

There is a stray underground pipe in your iron line not connected to anything above ground. Right under the left green circuit assembler under the refineries.

Sekkmer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sekkmer »

Thanks, repaired, it was the oil line and I forgot to reconncet at the last modification.

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

looks really nice
Good job

Leveller
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Leveller »

Really sweet setup, exept red and green don't seem to have been taken into consideration of beeing expandable. Mabye stretch them out west instead of vertical? Just suggesting. :) It's far better than i could ever come up with. So awesome work.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Leveller wrote:Really sweet setup, exept red and green don't seem to have been taken into consideration of beeing expandable. Mabye stretch them out west instead of vertical? Just suggesting. :) It's far better than i could ever come up with. So awesome work.
You don't expand red or green, you just duplicate the whole setup to double research speed :lol:
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

Koub wrote:
Leveller wrote:Really sweet setup, exept red and green don't seem to have been taken into consideration of beeing expandable. Mabye stretch them out west instead of vertical? Just suggesting. :) It's far better than i could ever come up with. So awesome work.
You don't expand red or green, you just duplicate the whole setup to double research speed :lol:
:lol:

Udav
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Udav »

How the Iron and Copper plates falls to the conveyor going to battery production machines?
Transport belt coming out of the ground and is not connected to the resources.
I misunderstood something?
It would be nice to provide screenshots consecutive construction of the plant since the beginning of the game.
1. Red science packs with gray assembling machines, yellow transport belts and yellow inserters only.
2. Red and Green science packs with blue assembling machines, red transporter belts and red, blue inserters.
3. The final (working) version.

One more question.
It is necessary to have such a big refinery?
Crude Oil enough?
Is there enough production of sulfur and sulfuric acid, to load the battery production at full capacity? According to my calculations, it is not enough, but it is necessary check.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Udav wrote:How the Iron and Copper plates falls to the conveyor going to battery production machines?
Transport belt coming out of the ground and is not connected to the resources.
I misunderstood something?
I think you talk about this one:

Actually, good question. Unless you use the Belts+ mod, there is no way to get copper and iron onto that belt.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Udav
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Udav »

Yes!
I was able to do it, but it turned ugly.
I did not post the screenshot - I did not understand how to do.
Iron subs -> right on 1.
Copper -> underground.
Coal -> underground.
Now copper/ore belt on another side of main bus.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Udav wrote:Yes!
I was able to do it, but it turned ugly.
I did not post the screenshot - I did not understand how to do.
Iron subs -> right on 1.
Copper -> underground.
Coal -> underground.
Now copper/ore belt on another side of main bus.
Wow, I don't know how I didn't see that, but you can underground the copper transport belt directly after the splitter and do the same for coal, which allows you to connect the underground beit for iron/copper, because there are only four tiles left to bridge.
However, I pretty liked that setup and you'd need to split iron and copper off the main belt and combine them onto one belt, which would add a few bottom rows to this otherwise fine rectangled setup.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

OlliPe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by OlliPe »

Source: Image

Fixed #1:

Fixed #2:

Sekkmer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sekkmer »

So, I fixed it as well, my fix is similar to OlliPe design.

For lower tear you can cut the red or green part it will work fine with yellow inserters at the science assemblers (where 0.8 item/s is enought).

For oil you need 1.25 battery/s → 2.5 sulfuric acid/s → 2.5 sulfur/s → 3.75 petroleum/s and you also need 1.25 advanced circuit/s → 2.5 plastic/s → 3.75 petroleum/s so you need 7,5 petroleum/s, 1 refinery make 1.8 petroleum/s (with advanced) so you need 4.16° that is 5 and the ratio is 5/7/1.
You need 8.3° crude/s.

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

Gold job Herr. The only thing I was wondering, is the ratio for the heavy oil cracking. I can't look it up, but I think it is 4 Rafineries in 1 cracking plant

Would be nice to clarify this one :)
Tired of not being able to reduce the pollution? Try the Air-Filter-Mod
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

Urbs
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Urbs »

Is that much Oil and steel necessary or did you go overkill just for looks?

MadZuri
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadZuri »

Urbs wrote:Is that much Oil and steel necessary or did you go overkill just for looks?
*ahem*
Sekkmer wrote:For oil you need 1.25 battery/s → 2.5 sulfuric acid/s → 2.5 sulfur/s → 3.75 petroleum/s and you also need 1.25 advanced circuit/s → 2.5 plastic/s → 3.75 petroleum/s so you need 7,5 petroleum/s, 1 refinery make 1.8 petroleum/s (with advanced) so you need 4.16° that is 5 and the ratio is 5/7/1.
You need 8.3° crude/s.
Yes, you need that much oil. You also need that much steel. It also shows 2 fully compressed express belts of iron because 1 isn't enough. Almost everyone underestimates the amount of oil they need, and many don't include enough light cracking.

Sekkmer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sekkmer »

I added a new image for Factorio v 0.12.0:

https://imgur.com/TLGD3xZ

This should work in 0.11 as well.

I also reduced the size of the oil by remove one chemical plant here is the calculation for that:

7,5 petroleum/s is necessary but the perfect ratio (5/7/10) can make 9 p/s so you can reduce the number by one chemical plant.

7,5 / ( 5,5 / 7 + 0,5 ) = 5,83° --> 6

5,5 / 7 : refinery / chemical
0,5 : 1 chemical plant produce 0,5 p/s

GG67
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: All in one 5/6/12 science for assembling machine 3

Post by GG67 »

I've build this design which is quite coinsuming on resources. The full build works but the factory does not. Already during construction I found that some entities (rafineries, chemical plants and one single assembly 3) will show red and prevent placing the blueprint over th ebuikld again once onew of those have already been placed. To place the blueprint again and continue constructions those entities need to be removed again first. After the full bluprint was built I realized that the problem with those entities is that they have no item set for assembly (well at least for chemical plant and assembly 3 units). I guess that the item is well set in the string/blueprint as this woiuld explain the units get red when placing the same blueprint over them again.

Now I am unsure where the problkem comes from, blue print string, string mod or factory itself, so I start here. Maybe because th estring was created in an old version ? I imported and built the string on 0.12.29 and moved now to 0.12.32. The blueprint still looks the same, so the conversion required for 0.12.32 went fine.

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”