My first assembly block for belts

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Shekki
Inserter
Inserter

My first assembly block for belts

Post by Shekki »

Hi!

Trying make or find assembly blocks for common items like belts, inserters, circuits, research, etc. I'm not good these kind of games but still loving factorio a lot. So here is what I created for belts assembly block.

http://imgur.com/chjbukf

I just went from yellow belts up and better ones with no certain plan. So it's really complex and messy. If you have something like these please share making these takes so long, though belts might be most challenging. If I don't find any will continue with these. Idea was making these blocks to see how much you need expand to fit "final form" didn't used any robots and after seeing this monster.. I think I turn more to robots, we'll see..

Probably trying do another assembly block for belts before moving to inserters etc. I'm sure you can make that a lot more compact. I have found something to research and oil production but that's about it: http://imgur.com/gallery/ERVhg

Marconos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: My first assembly block for belts

Post by Marconos »

Wow, that's huge. Question for you: how fast do you have to be laying conveyor belt to use up the quantity that this thing can produce? Have you calculated how much in resources it will cost to try and keep this thing running? Have you balanced your iron gear production needs to the other assemblers?

This really looks kinda cool in a factorio sort of way but not super efficiency, space wise or balance production wise. Fun starting with this big things and keep refining them.

Shekki
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Shekki »

No idea, didn't thought too much about raw materials also used less corners as possible that's why there is splitters everywhere.. Only thing I though was that normal belts needed a lot. Also you need like ton of iron gears, maybe ~4 assemblies. Also, everything gets split so many times that you might need more than 1 main line for each material. I need move it to my main bus and test it. I just made few chests with some materials to test run it. Though this should focus more on normal express belts, you don't use so much splitter/underground ones that normals.

Also spaces between fast inserters are for boxes you can collect what ever you need in early game.

KrzysD
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by KrzysD »

Man that's messy, but if it works, then it doesn't matter :lol:

Still don't know why Express Underground belts don't use lubricant.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

KrzysD wrote:Still don't know why Express Underground belts don't use lubricant.
Quiet, just enjoy it and don't let the developers know!

Shekki
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Shekki »

Will test this ASAP, so stay tuned. I hope blue print copying works =D Also my base is low on oil..

Shekki
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Shekki »

well it works =) 45 express belts in minute and splitters&UG comes fast enough. Though you really need good supply of Iron gears. I would recommend build some right next to this.

Edit: tops 80 Express belts in minutes others like 20 per minute. Though you need like full supply of iron gear wheels both sides.

Kevin94
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kevin94 »

The belt assembly setup I am using:
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (2.25 MiB) Viewed 16758 times
It produces 150 express belts per minute (full utilisation of the level 3 assembly), of course only when enough iron (more than one full packed express belt) and lubricant is available. It requires 2 chem plants for lubricant (or at least two tanks buffer) and about 24 steel/electric furnaces for Iron, but here I do not have the exact numbers in mind.

Shekki
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Shekki »

wow, thanks though it has no UG or splitters but will be using something like this

Return to “Show your Creations”