Multi-purpose flexible factory setup

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

2be34ever
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Multi-purpose flexible factory setup

Post by 2be34ever »

Helo Everyone

This is my first post and I would like to share with you my new creation. This is a multi-purpose flexible factory setup. Given a sufficient time in can build almost any item in the game.

I have based my idea on the YouTube video "Factorio Effecient Compact Factory". You will have to find it yourself as I apparently cannot add any link in the first few posts :/ .
The principle of operation is explained in the video but if you have any specific questions please feel free to ask :)

And here is the blue-print script, try it!!!
download/file.php?mode=view&id=9232

Cheers

download/file.php?mode=view&id=9197
Attachments
Smart factory.txt
(10.59 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (1.63 MiB) Viewed 3646 times

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Multi-purpose flexible factory setup

Post by Qon »

This is really cool but your blueprint is corrupt or I'm experiencing some bug in factorio or one of my mods.
The picture shows what happens for me when I place the blueprint and then continue to hold the blueprint in my hand. Not everything is blue as you can see. The green stuff shows what is missing from the first deployment, the blue is what is correctly placed and the red is what is displaced by a small distance. So some substations, splitters and roboports are either not placed or don't get their ghost placed exactly as the blueprint is shown before deployment.
(Edit: seems related viewtopic.php?t=24676)

Your design otherwise seems awesome. A bit unstable though if you don't input enough iron plates, then the system will fill up with copper cables faster than they are used.
Attachments
BluePrintError (2).png
BluePrintError (2).png (4.19 MiB) Viewed 2717 times

Lurkily
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Multi-purpose flexible factory setup

Post by Lurkily »

Odd that it would overproduce anything - the factory seems to monitor stock, and it would be easy to stop unloading copper cable if it begins backing up in the chests. Perhaps the placement problems also caused a cabling problem with the combinators and there was an error reconnecting them later? Or the OP didn't test for steel shortage. Either way, all the elements for controlling this problem are there.

The blueprint issues are usually caused loading a BP from an older version of factorio into a newer version - Blueprints and Foreman both have ways now to correct old blueprints. If that's not the problem with misplaced items, I can't imagine what is.

What I'd realoly like to see is one of these that, with a few basic items, (required belts, combis, a few assemblers,) will begin producing the components to finish the rest of the factory. Self-building factories. I'm going to go and start working on exactly that, now that the idea is in my head.

Return to “Show your Creations”