A shot at a balanced processing unit factory

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Marbles
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

A shot at a balanced processing unit factory

Post by Marbles »

So lately I've been building a processing unit factory that'll produce exactly enough processing units to supply three balanced module 3 chains.
One module 3 requires a total of 25 processing units per minute, to make all three types 75 processing units per minute are needed, or 1.25 per second.
For this I need 15 processing unit assemblers, 16 advanced circuit assemblers, and 12 electronics circuit assemblers all working at exactly 100% (coincidence right?) furthermore, 2 copper cable assemblers, 4 plastic plants and 0.5 sulfuric acid plants are needed, exactly.

So I made it, below this is my first design.
The processing unit assemblers are working at nearly 100%, due to efficiency loss on transporting the goods through the factory.

The furnaces on the right side are all outfitted with speed module 3's, good for about 1028 plates / minute per block.

Some changes that I want to make:
First, move the EC assemblers up to fit all 12 in one block next to each other, then In can move the ugly copper transportbelt on the upper left to fir in better.
Secondly I want to overproduce ever so slightly to make up for the inefficiencies, maybe outfit some of the EC and AC assemblers with speed modules to overbalance it slightly.
Lastly some more room would be appreciated. maybe change everything to also produce the EC's and AC's to fuel the module assembly lines (Which can be seen on the far left in the first image).

Any feedback will be appreciated, maybe share your own designs?

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: A shot at a balanced processing unit factory

Post by -root »

Gnarly. I love it.

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Wow that is pretty damn awesome. :D I have never been too good at these types of designs, so glad people like you make em so I can learn. :p
Image Image Image

Marbles
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Marbles »

I'm working on the next version which is the full chain from ore to modules, most of it is done, I expect to post it this evening.
It's got 20 EC assemblers and 56 AC assemblers :P gonna need 5500 copper ore a minute

Marbles
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Marbles »

So I got the new build finished. It's a lot neater and ordered, has a bit of overproduction to keep those lines compressed and can produce 16 module 3's a minute 8-)

It takes a shitton of resources to run though, the smeltery is twice as large as the one for the rest of my factory, which also contains the module chain.

In the picture below you can see that the plastic isn't keeping up, that's because I'm working on buffing up my oil works, as you also need a fuckton of gas, some 30 refineries worth of it along with converting everything to gas.

Again, criticism and advice are welcome.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

If you want to reduce resource consumption, you can put productivity modules in the assembling machines and use beacons for the speed modules.
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... php?t=5905

plane000
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by plane000 »

Wow that is really amazing.
I wish i could be that good at Factorio :o

How much power dose it use?

Could you please post a blueprint of it (blueprint mod viewtopic.php?t=13651) you then paste the code into pastebin and give us a link :D
Thanks
~plane000

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lee_newsum »

Did you no a cargo wagon can be filled with 1500 items of ores (copper, iron, coal...) or 3000 item of processed plates (copper plates, iron plates, steel)? ;)

Return to “Show your Creations”