Newbie spaghetti on purpose

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

BasjeRoosje
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Newbie spaghetti on purpose

Post by BasjeRoosje »

Greeting,

Discovered this awesome game a few days ago (how could I have missed this gem of a game?) and been playing non-stop barely taking time to sleep. Makes me think back to the good old days of RollerCoaster / Transport Tycoon or SimCity.

After experimenting for a while to learn the basics of the game I decided to design a spaghetti factory on purpose for my first full game.

Here I show a screenshot of my starter factory appropriate named "Landing Spot". It will be expanded organically with time. Slowly because I be placing and replacing and then replacing again pretty much every object.

When you are used to super efficient mega bases this tiny factory might look like a garden shack. In the future it be getting a little bigger...and a bit more efficient.

Have fun!

Screenshot from 2020-04-18 18-21-49.png
Screenshot from 2020-04-18 18-21-49.png (3.04 MiB) Viewed 2673 times

BasjeRoosje
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Newbie spaghetti on purpose

Post by BasjeRoosje »

Encountered hostile aliens on this planet. Some become an action hero by grabbing a weapon and blasting away. Yet others engineer an automatic defense system.

The production of concrete, walls and ammunition has increased and the area has been secured for future construction.

A car is ready to bring me to the next big project...oil and a train!
part2.png
part2.png (2.26 MiB) Viewed 2624 times

BasjeRoosje
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BasjeRoosje »

The beginning of a flourishing chemical industry is now a reality. This makes flamethrower turrets and rockets possible, adding additional security. The whole factory is now addicted to oil!

Many improvements to my base have been made. It took an awful lot of time to get those trains working. Oil, Plastics and Blue Science are now active.

I have been experimenting with an "electronics outpost" for mass production of Advanced Circuits. It needs improvements.

Biters have become stronger and I now have to take down nests to keep my factory safe...rockets...and grenades to the rescue.

I got killed by a train :-(
factorio3.png
factorio3.png (3.46 MiB) Viewed 2536 times

Premu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Premu »

BasjeRoosje wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:51 am
I got killed by a train :-(
So you met one of the most lethal enemy in the game already! That's quick progress! :D

Return to “Show your Creations”