[MOD 0.11.x] Long-Range Missile Launcher

Topics and discussion about specific mods
British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[MOD 0.11.x] Long-Range Missile Launcher

Post by British_Petroleum »

I made this mod because it is something I really wanted to see in the game, and it also gives the player something challenging to work towards late game that will help with taking out the aliens.

This mod requires "Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates". If you are not playing with this mod already then you are missing out (:

Mod adds 2 new techs:
Ammonia processing, and
Advanced Rocketry

In the chemical plant, ammonia is made with nitrogen and hydrogen, and is only used to make missile fuel.

Missile fuel is made with ammonia, chlorine, aluminium, and rubber, also in the chemical plant. This missile fuel is based on ammonium perchlorate composite propellant (APCP), a popular rocket fuel, where ammonium perchlorate is used as an oxidiser and aluminium as the fuel.

Missiles are then made in an assembly machine by combining missile fuel, tungsten carbide, explosives, and a processing board.

When fired, The missile looks like a rocket that goes much further and faster, with custom sound. The missile launcher currently has the same graphics as the gun turret. If anyone wants to make custom graphics and use this mod in their own mod, they are welcome. I would just like a mention.

After the missiles explode they leave a wreckage, which can then be collected and recycled to get back some of the tungsten carbide.

Missiles are a late game weapon. They are intentionally difficult to mass produce. They have 100 range, do 180 explosion damage with 7 blast radius.

Feel free to add this mod to your own mods/mod-packs and improve upon it, just give me a mention. It was fun to make but I don't see myself working on this any further.

Enjoy the fireworks!! :D
Attachments
Skymod-Missiles_0.0.1.zip
(169.78 KiB) Downloaded 2566 times

Return to “Mods”