[MOD 0.11.22] Flame Turrets; Now with Combat Inserters

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Foxy_Boxes
Inserter
Inserter

[MOD 0.11.22] Flame Turrets; Now with Combat Inserters

Post by Foxy_Boxes »

Just a quick and simple mod but hey, my first mod and I wanted flame turrets. Feel free to offer graphics if you want. No really, feel free. Are you feeling yet?

Currently researching Flame Turrets have the same cost as Laser Turrets, but their damage upgrades share cost with the Gun Turret. To actually build a Flame Turret, the cost is similar to a Gun Turret, but with that wimpy iron plating swapped out for a much sturdier and, most importantly, heat proof structure. This also has the convenient side effect of making the turret immune to acid attacks. After all, a ruptured tank is never good.

Why Flame Turrets? Gun Turrets are a good jack of all trades, and they don't need power to boot. Laser Turrets are good at range, but require power. Flame Turrets don't require power, yet will eradicate any hostiles brave (or stupid) enough to get close. One, ten, or a hundred, the flames will bath over them and reduce them to ash.

Combat Inserters are designed for the front lines. They're sturdy, tough, and can reach across two squares to do their job, build Combat Inserters today!

To manufacture a Combat Inserter, simply take a regular Inserter and add some steel plating and hydraulics with the aid of an Assembling Machine.
Attachments
flame turret_0.0.4.zip
(34.68 KiB) Downloaded 2788 times
Last edited by Foxy_Boxes on Tue May 05, 2015 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.22] Flame Turrets; Now with Combat Inserters

Post by Xterminator »

Sounds very promising! I will do a spotlight on this I think. :) Do you have any graphics for them, or?

Anyway I will check it out today and most likely end up doing a Mod Spotlight on it.
Image Image Image

Foxy_Boxes
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Foxy_Boxes »

For now the Flame Turret lacks graphics of it's own; currently it uses the gun turret graphics whilst the tech uses the flamethrower icon. Combat Inserters have there own graphics (as much as a recolour can be).

A thing to note is that flames hitting a wall will damage structures directly adjacent to it so using long-handed inserters to load the can result in the flame turret destroying the inserter. Of course by then the biter is past your defenses so you've bigger problems.

Foxy_Boxes
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Foxy_Boxes »

Version 0.0.4 now up. Increased the damage dealt by Flame Turrets so that they can actually kill biters without getting damaged.

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Adding it to the modpacks ;) Tell me if you dont want me too!
ShadowsModpackDevelopment

Foxy_Boxes
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Foxy_Boxes »

Go right ahead; I made it to be used.

Karrade
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Karrade »

This currently no longer works, there is an error on startup (at the time of writing). Attempt to index local 'res' (a function value)

Return to “Mods”