[0.11.2+] Tanks! 0.0.9

Topics and discussion about specific mods
KON_Air
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.11.2+] Tanks! 0.0.9

Post by KON_Air »

Just checked the files to cheat me a super tank into TankWerkz, then I just couldn't stop myself. So thanks to thegreyman for TrankWerkz which set me down this path for two weeks.
This adds a mini tech tree that branches off of vanilla tech and has its own item category, so unless there some unfortunate name clashes would work with anything. Probably. Maybe.
Everyone is free to use this mod as usual with some form of crediting.. etc. etc.

I'll be taking a time off for a while though, be back in a week or so.

Anyhow going off of the added researches;

Battle Tank Research
Allows construction of Battle Tanks with different turret configurations on same chassis.
Unlocks:
Tank Factory
Builds Tanks/Support vehicles. Can be (and should be) outside Logistic chain, since there is little point in mass producing tanks.
Produces; Battle Tank Type A (Cannon + Flamethrower), Battle Tank Type B (45mm Auto Cannon + Combat Shotgun), Artillery (50 mm Artillery Cannon), Car (With Flame Thrower)
Ammunition Factory
Builds ammunition and needed components. All munitions use Universal Casing and Charges (except flame thrower ammo, which is basically 5 canisters poured into armoured tank). Some munitions are more cost effective then others.
Produces; Universal Heavy Ordinance Charges & Casing, Flamethrower Tanker (Vehicles Only), 45mm Auto Cannon Shell, 50mm Artillery Shell, Improved Cannon Shell

(A tank with flame thrower showing the local fauna who is the boss)

Battle Tank Upgrades
Allows construction of W.L.S.K (Wild Life Survival Kit) to improve armour of Battle Tanks. (WLSK + Tank = Upgraded Tank in Tank Factory)

Support Tanks Research
Allows construction of support tanks, Minelayer and a Rapid Firing Rocket Launcher system.
Unlocks;
Minelayer Tank (Minethrower + Combat Shotgun)/Minepack; Funny tank that shoots mines with perfect accuracy.
Rocket Tank (Loadsa Rockets)/Rocketpack; Will probably replace with a car to have the feeling of riding a rocket buggy from C&C Generals. Can shoot rockets until you run out of rockets.

Infantry Support
Allows construction of box magazines (Bullets and Shotgun shells) with large capacity to be used by Infantry or Vehicle mounted weapons. Also Fish Kits.
Unlocks;
Shotgun Shell & Bullet Box Magazine high capacity magazines player/turrets/vehicles can use.
Fish Kit: Process 5 fishes into 6 Fish Kits to help you survive.

Synthetic Explosives
A rather painful method of extracting required metarials for Universal Heavy Ordinance Charges from wood and stone instead of petrol products.
Unlocks;
Synthetic Universal Heavy Ordinance Charges; A silly way to utilize wood and rocks.

Chemical Weapons
Allows construction of chemical weapons. Normally banned, but screw the nature. After all what was the last nice thing nature did for you? Basically Poison grenades with more oomph.
Unlocks;
50mm Chemical Shell; Explodes and leaves a poisonous cloud behind.
Chemical Minepack; Explodes and leaves a poisonous cloud behind, but it is a land mine... eh.

Heavy Battle Tank Research
Allows construction of components and assembly of Heavy Battle Tanks (lies), the ultimate gas guzzlers and gun shooters. Now we are going into cheatsy territory and the original reason I started this. Without paying any heed to anything I have set everything to "HUEG & RICH" which resulted in massive hives. At least it was peaceful mode.
Unlocks;
Heavy Tank Type A (45mm Auto Cannon + 50mm Artillery Cannon + Machinegun Array), Heavy Tank Type B (Cannon + Flamethrower + Minelayer)

(Just imagine rather small Baneblade or a Predator tank instead of rescaled Factorio tank)

Windlass Mass Desyncronizer Cannon
Allows construction of Heavy Battle Tanks with Windlass Mass Desyncronizer Cannon mounted. There is no reason other then pure hatred to drive one around. Of course when you make miniature Baneblades you have to make an Earthshaker artillery too.
Unlocks;
Heavy Artillery (150mm Windlass Mass Desyncronizer Cannon + Machinegun Array)

TODO:
-Fix numbers (costs, time, hp, armour.. etc.)
-Add more buggies.
-Read up on multiplayer shennanigans.
-Find someone to make tank sprites.
-SFX.
Attachments
tanks.zip
Tanks! 0.0.9 run as zip or add _0.0.9 to the extracted folders name.
(2.64 MiB) Downloaded 1290 times
Last edited by KON_Air on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.2+] Tanks! 0.0.9

Post by Airat9000 »

screen))

KON_Air
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by KON_Air »

Yeah well, it is just a couple of recolours and icons... I also noticed flametanks can burn themselves and have tiny range and couple of missing strings, will take some while testing 0.1.0. Guess I should have taken some earlier. Make do with this in the meanwhile :lol:

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

KON_Air wrote:Builds Tanks/Support vehicles. Can be (and should be) outside Logistic chain, since there is little point in mass producing tanks...
You had me hooked up to this point. I now really really want an endgame option for mass producing tanks :D

Lost Ninja
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lost Ninja »

Any chance of an engineering tank? MG/Flamethrower/'Nade Launcher/Dozer Blade (see bulldozer mod).

I can take a gander at doing some sprites but I am neither the most skilled or fastest at doing them, and while I can operate blender to output sprite sheets, I cannot texture so they'd just be basic colours... :(

geech6
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by geech6 »

I found a few problems while trying to use this mod.

I had to rename the zip that was downloaded: tanks.zip ---> tanks_0.0.9.zip

I am also finding that it is impossible to craft Synthetic Universal Heavy Ordinance Charges which require 100 stone and 100 raw wood to craft and wood and stone only stack to a maximum of 50.

All in all a great mod. Good work.

KON_Air
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by KON_Air »

geech6 wrote:I found a few problems while trying to use this mod.

I had to rename the zip that was downloaded: tanks.zip ---> tanks_0.0.9.zip

I am also finding that it is impossible to craft Synthetic Universal Heavy Ordinance Charges which require 100 stone and 100 raw wood to craft and wood and stone only stack to a maximum of 50.

All in all a great mod. Good work.
I'll be back working on this soonish thanks for that thingy, took note!

Thine_Reaper
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Thine_Reaper »

Is the mod abandoned or will you update it?

Maser
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Maser »

/u/kickbuttpwnr on reddit just updated the mod to factorio version 0.12.11!

Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... ing_a_mod/

Updated version:
tanks_0.0.9_(0.12.11).zip
(2.64 MiB) Downloaded 591 times

KON_Air
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by KON_Air »

Thine_Reaper wrote:Is the mod abandoned or will you update it?
Go bumped somewhere way back in the cataloge of things to do. Btw anyone can do whatever they want with the stuff, not that there is much to take :P

shikashi18
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by shikashi18 »

Some how your mod isn't working, Factorio says that it dosen't match the expected version and says it's case sensative.

LCruel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LCruel »

Hi Kon,

I like your tanks mods and see you do not actively work on it any-more, and do not mind if anybody else picks it up.

I have been playing multiplayer with the mod "Bob's enemies" for a while, and we needed a good tank booster. So I have been working on yours to tweaking it.

Do you mind if I publish it as a new mod called Tankz! for Bob!

Regards,
LCruel

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

That does come under the description of "do whatever you want with it", although it would probably be best to credit the original author still.

LCruel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LCruel »

I have published my forked project on thread viewtopic.php?f=93&t=21788

Neomore
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Neomore »

For anyone looking for an updated 0.13 version of this mod, you can find it here: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Neomore/Advanced-Tanks

I am keeping Maser's version updated for him, so this shouldn't look too different.
Author of Advanced Factorio, a set of mods that add small bits of Advanced functionality to your gameplay

Check it out here: https://mods.factorio.com/user/neomore

Return to “Mods”