[0.11.x] Flying Boots

Topics and discussion about specific mods
giodamelio
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.11.x] Flying Boots

Post by giodamelio »

Are pesky pipes and machines always getting in your way? You need a pair of Flying Boots©™®. NOTHING will ever stand in your way again!

This Simply Adds a button that lets you fly. There is no cost or research yet, but I am looking into adding them.

Download

Latest

Older:

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.11.x] Flying Boots

Post by jorgenRe »

I can see this making it possible to have you fly ONLY when right next to a special pipe :)! Basically making it possible for you to kinda walk over pipes :)!
Multiplayer and singleplayer compatible version download is int this reply!
It also fixes so that new worlds can be created!
Though ONLY player 1 can fly
Also what you can do to get it use research and such is to have it only work if a specific item is in the inventory of the player. That item is what defines what research and cost there is, as you will need to craft it! BTW i will remove the download as soon as you put up a fix to your main post, and you are free to use my fixes :)!

For the dev and others ofc :)! it is useful to know:
For a mod to be compatible with multiplayer you have to use game.players. instead of game.player.
this is due to there being from 1 and more players in the game!
Attachments
FlyingBoots_1.0.0.zip
Multiplayer and Singleplayer compatible!
(1.78 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
Last edited by jorgenRe on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

giodamelio
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by giodamelio »

jorgenRe wrote:I can see this making it possible to have you fly ONLY when right next to a special pipe :)! Basically making it possible for you to kinda walk over pipes :)!
I don't think it would work very well. Since it transforms you into ghost mode, which moves much faster then normal. You would always overshoot. If you are annoyed by pipes specifically, it should be possible to make their hitbox really small to allow you to pass them.

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

giodamelio wrote:
jorgenRe wrote:I can see this making it possible to have you fly ONLY when right next to a special pipe :)! Basically making it possible for you to kinda walk over pipes :)!
I don't think it would work very well. Since it transforms you into ghost mode, which moves much faster then normal. You would always overshoot. If you are annoyed by pipes specifically, it should be possible to make their hitbox really small to allow you to pass them.
HMM that doesn't sound too great :(
Edit i checked your code, and oh my is it done well :)!
AND OH MY you truly are a ghost, now i see that the walk over pipes thingy may need to be done some other way =/
Logo

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Some months ago, I suggested Jump Boots as a module to put into Modular Armor/Power Armor. My idea was a jump distance of 3 tiles for 1 module, 5 tiles for 2 modules, 6 tiles for 3 modules or 7 tiles for 5 modules, as a stark diminishings returns effect. And of course they'd charge electrical power and need quite some time before being able to jump again.

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

Peter34 wrote:Some months ago, I suggested Jump Boots as a module to put into Modular Armor/Power Armor. My idea was a jump distance of 3 tiles for 1 module, 5 tiles for 2 modules, 6 tiles for 3 modules or 7 tiles for 5 modules, as a stark diminishings returns effect. And of course they'd charge electrical power and need quite some time before being able to jump again.
Easy peasy just have it tp the player, so possible to mod :P
Though it may look a little weird jumping so fast :roll:
Logo

giodamelio
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by giodamelio »

jorgenRe wrote: Edit i checked your code, and oh my is it done well :)!
AND OH MY you truly are a ghost, now i see that the walk over pipes thingy may need to be done some other way =/
Thanks, I am thinking about how to best implement them.

giodamelio
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by giodamelio »

jorgenRe wrote:
Peter34 wrote:Some months ago, I suggested Jump Boots as a module to put into Modular Armor/Power Armor. My idea was a jump distance of 3 tiles for 1 module, 5 tiles for 2 modules, 6 tiles for 3 modules or 7 tiles for 5 modules, as a stark diminishings returns effect. And of course they'd charge electrical power and need quite some time before being able to jump again.
Easy peasy just have it tp the player, so possible to mod :P
Though it may look a little weird jumping so fast :roll:
I think I am going to work on adding these next. I am not sure how I should trigger them though. As far as I can tell, there is no way to bind to a keypress. I could add another button, but pressing it is awkward. I also have to look into adding custom modules.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

I play with WASD, as I imagine most other players do, so the nearest keys to that would be R and F, but they're already taken, and the Tab(ulator) key, which I believe has no use in Factorio. Another possibility is the Caps Lock key, not as a toggle but as a keypress that initiates flight, but I wouldn't like Caps Lock being used for anything, as I use the Console to chat with other players during MP games, and so I'd be constantly switching CAPS on and off. So Tab key is preferable.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Tab is used. It's the first key you have to press in every new game :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Koub wrote:Tab is used. It's the first key you have to press in every new game :)
Good point. I tend to forget about that...

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by StanFear »

plus, some people (like me) don't use wasd keys (not event talking about people with azerty keyboard, even though it should be taken into account) I use oklm (yes I know it's weard but I am left handedand hate to have my hand sideways)
so maybe just (if you can) set it up in a config file !
and why call it flying if it turns you into a ghost, why not phasing ? and turn it into an armor module, and why not make it drains energy when you go through stuff ? (maybe with an always on button to be able to not be hit by bitters)

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

I just want to be helpful so i'm posting here in this post a few fixes, if it's okay :)!

So i fixed it so a new worlds can be generated and also so it can be used in multiplayer games. It should be noted however that only player 1 can use the flying function.
So things for you to know:
For a mod to be compatible with multiplayer you have to use game.players. instead of game.player.
Attachments
FlyingBoots_1.0.0.zip
Multiplayer and singleplayer compatible!
(1.78 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
Logo

giodamelio
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by giodamelio »

jorgenRe wrote:I just want to be helpful so i'm posting here in this post a few fixes, if it's okay :)!

So i fixed it so a new worlds can be generated and also so it can be used in multiplayer games. It should be noted however that only player 1 can use the flying function.

Thanks, I will post an update soon.

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

giodamelio wrote:
jorgenRe wrote:I just want to be helpful so i'm posting here in this post a few fixes, if it's okay :)!

Thanks, I will post an update soon.

It's a pleasure to be of help :D!
BTW just remember that the control.lua file can be changed even when factorio is in the main menu. So when updating your mod i highly advice you to when something crashes the game to press ok then you are back at the menu. THen without closing factorio you fix the thing that went wrong in the control.lua file. Save it and load the save again. This way you will save quite a bit of time ;)!
Logo

Return to “Mods”