Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[MOD 0.11.x] Advanced accumulator

Post by Nova »

Image Deutscher Text

Image English text:

What does this mod do?
This mod adds an advanced accumulator. Research the technology for the advanced electric accumulator and then build it. You need to research the basic electric energy accumulator to get access to it.

Why?
A big factory with only solar panels needs hundreds of basic accumulators to store the energy created in the day. Building them is tedious and needs huge amounts of free space. The advanced accumulator saves 66% of this valuable space. Some other mods also contain better ways of storing energy, but they may have elements you don't want. This mod contains only the accumulator and nothing else.
The original version of Factorio doesn't contain any additional accumulator. As soon as this has changed, this mod is not needed anymore.

Should I use this mod?
Use the mod, if...
  • you want to save some space while still using high amounts of solar energy.
Don't use the mod, if...
  • you already have a mod which integrates better accumulators or other kinds of energy generation without the need for accumulators.
Download
www.file-upload.net (1.1.0) (Factorio 0.10.7 and higher.)
www.file-upload.net (1.0.0) (Factorio 0.10.6 and less.)

Installation
  • Download the mod.
  • Move the zip file into the "mods" folder of the factorio main folder. Don't unzip the file.
  • (re-)Start Factorio.
  • "Automatically activate new mods" - If this is deactivated, you have to manually activate the mod. Click on "Mods" in the main menu and activate the mod. After that, restart Factorio.
  • The mod should work everywhere without any further action: campaign, scenarios, freeplay...
Details
The recipe for the advanced accumulator:
  • 3x Basic accumulator
  • 1x Advanced Circuit
Values from basic accumulator → advanced accumulator:
  • Storage: 5 MJ → 15 MJ
  • Input flow limit: 300 kW → 900 kW
  • Output flow limit: 300 kW → 900 kW
  • Mining time: 0.5 → 0.8
  • Charge and discharge light size: 7 → 9
I was thinking about adding another accumulator or just set the capacity of the advanced accumulator higher, but didn't want to reduce the space requirements too much. That's the reason why the advanced one has three times the capacity of the basic accumulator.

Pictures
The advanced accumulator in the crafting menu.

Incompatibilities
This mod should be compatible with any other mod.

Languages
Supported languages:
  • English - en
  • German - de
You can send me the mod text for other languages if you want. Translate after the equal signs and either make a post or send me a private message:
Mod text
Miscellaneous
Please report errors, bugs and mistakes of the mod or this description.
You are allowed to use this mod for videos and mod packs. (Credit would be nice, but is not mandatory.)
If I stop supporting this mod and it's still needed, someone else is allowed to continue it.
All translations should have the same meaning, but please report any ambiguities if existing. In case of doubt the German version takes precedence, but nobody will be punished if he/she relys on another translation.

Changelog
1.1.0 - Updated for Factorio 0.10.7 - Incompatible with previous mod versions!
Last edited by Nova on Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.10.x] Advanced accumulator

Post by Nova »

Image Deutscher Text:

Was macht diese Mod?
Diese Mod fügt einen fortgeschrittenen Akkumulator hinzu. Erforsche die Technologie für den erweiterten elektrischen Akkumulator und baue ihn danach. Du musst bereits den einfachen elektrischen Akkumulator erfoscht haben, um dies machen zu können.

Warum?
Eine große Fabrik mit ausschließlich Solarpanelen benötigt hunderte einfache Akkumulatoren, um die Energie des Tages für die Nacht zu speichern. Diese zu bauen ist mühsam und verschlingt viel freien Platz. Der fortgeschrittene Akkumulator spart 66% dieser wichtigen Fläche. Einige andere Mods enthalten auch Arten, Energie zu speichern, aber können auch Sachen beinhalten, welche du nicht haben willst. Diese Mod umfasst ausschließlich den Akkumulator und sonst nichts.
Die ursprüngliche Version von Factorio enhält keinen weiteren Akkumulator. Sobald sich dies ändert, wird diese Mod nicht mehr benötigt.

Sollte ich diese Mod benutzen?
Benutze die Mod, wenn...
  • du etwas Platz sparen möchtest, aber dennoch viele Solarpanele verwenden willst.
Benutze die Mod nicht, wenn...
  • du bereits eine Mod benutzt, welche Akkumulatoren oder eine andere Energiequelle ohne die Nutzung von Akkumulatoren beinhaltet.
Download
www.file-upload.net (1.1.0) (Factorio 0.10.7 und höher.)
www.file-upload.net (1.0.0) (Factorio 0.10.6 und niedriger.)

Installation
  • Downloade die Mod.
  • Verschiebe die Zip-Datei in den "Mods"-Ordner im Hauptordner von Factorio. Entpacke sie nicht.
  • Starte Factorio (neu).
  • "Automatisch neue Mods aktivieren" - Falls diese Einstellung deaktiviert ist, musst du die Mod manuell aktivieren. Klicke dafür im Factorio-Hauptmenü auf "Mods" und aktiviere dort "AdvancedAccumulator". Danach musst du Factorio neustarten.
  • Die Mod müsste überall ohne weiteres Zutun funktionieren: Kampagne, Szenarien, freies Spiel...
Details
Das Rezept für den fortgeschrittenen Akkumulator:
  • 3x Einfacher Akkumulator
  • 1x Erweiterter Schaltkreis
Werte des einfachen Akkumulators → Fortgeschrittener Akkumulator:
  • Kapaztität: 5 MJ → 15 MJ
  • Maximalleistung Laden: 300 kW → 900 kW
  • Maximalleistung Entladen: 300 kW → 900 kW
  • Abbauzeit: 0.5 → 0.8
  • Größe des Lade- und Entladelichtes: 7 → 9
Ich habe darüber nachgedacht, noch einen weiteren Akkumulator hinzuzufügen oder die Kapazität des fortgeschrittenen Akkumulators weiter zu erhöhen, allerdings wollte ich den Platzverbrauch der Akkumulatoren nicht zu sehr verringern. Deshalb hat der fortgeschritte drei Mal so viel Kapazität wie der einfache Akkumulator.

Bilder
Der fortgeschrittene Akkumulator im Crafting-Menü.

Inkompabilitäten
Diese Mod sollte mit jeder anderen kompatibel sein.

Sprachen
Unterstützte Sprache:
  • Englisch - en
  • Deutsch - de
Falls du möchtest, kannst du mir die Mod-Texte in anderen Sprachen schicken. Übersetze nach dem Gleichheitszeichen und entweder erstelle einen Beitrag oder schicke mir eine private Nachricht:
Mod-Text
Verschiedenes
Bitte berichte mir von Bugs, Rechtschreibfehlern, oder sonstigen Ungereimtheiten sowohl von der Mod selber als auch von dieser Beschreibung.
Du hast die Erlaubnis, diese Mod für Videos und Modpacks zu verwenden. (Namensnennung ist erwünscht, aber nicht verpflichtend.)
Falls ich aufhöre, diese Mod weiter aktuell zu halten, darf jemand anders sie übernehmen.
Alle Übersetzungen sollten die gleiche Bedeutung haben, aber bitte berichte mir von jedem wichtigen Unterschied. Im Zweifelsfall hat die deutsche Version Priorität. Allerdings werde ich es niemandem übel nehmen, wenn er oder sie sich auf eine anderssprachige Version stützt.

Changelog
1.1.0 - Geupdatet für Factorio 0.10.7 - Inkompatibel mit vorherigen Mod-Versionen!
Last edited by Nova on Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

haunted_1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by haunted_1 »

Not trying to lower your work on that small mod but bob and dytech have something superior to that mod. I guess its for people who dont wanna play those mods.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Yeah, that's exactly what I though about the mod. It's just an accumulator, nothing else, like I said. ^^
I personally prefer not modding the game to much, and also prefer one mod for one thing, not one mod for many things. This way it's much easier to configure it for your needs. :)
Some other mods also contain better ways of storing energy, but they may have elements you don't want. This mod contains only the accumulator and nothing else.
Greetings, Nova.

Loko789
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Loko789 »

Ich habe Probleme beim starten des Modes.
Es erscheint immer: "Path_Advanced accumulator/graphics/adv-accumulator-charge-animation.png does not match any mod."

Hab mich strickt an die Installation gehalten.
Was kann ich dagegen machen?
Gruß

Ps. Ich benutze die 0.10.8

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Looks okay to me. Obviously I took a different aproach, and my best accumulator doesn't offer as much storage capacity so far, so I can see a place for this mod.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

blueangel020
Inserter
Inserter

Post by blueangel020 »

Loko789 wrote:Ich habe Probleme beim starten des Modes.
Es erscheint immer: "Path_Advanced accumulator/graphics/adv-accumulator-charge-animation.png does not match any mod."

Hab mich strickt an die Installation gehalten.
Was kann ich dagegen machen?
Gruß

Ps. Ich benutze die 0.10.8
bei mir der gleiche Fehler, 0.10.8

transportman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by transportman »

In 0.10.7 the naming requirements for Mods became a bit more strict, and I guess you renamed the folder that contained the mod to fix that. If you rename the folder back to "Advanced accumulator" and update the name in info.json (open with a text editor), it should work.

Loko789
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Loko789 »

OMG THANKS :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

blueangel020
Inserter
Inserter

Post by blueangel020 »

it dosent work?! i don't understand the problem. The Folder Name is right, and the name in the file was with "-" this i delete but nothing is working? can you explain the problem in german? I think i misunderstand something what you write in english

Loko789
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Loko789 »

Ich erkläre es dir Steb By Step

1. Das Mod Archive "Advanced accumulator"nennen ohne "
2. Mod Archive öffen
3. Die info.json öffen
4. Bei "name":"Advanced accumulator" eingeben.
5. Speichern
6. Wenn kommt"Die datei "-" wurde verändert.Wollen[...]" dann drückst du JA

NICKT ENTPACKEN

Mod im Archive lassen wie es in der Anleitung steht
Dann solltes es gehen zumintes war es bei mir so

blueangel020
Inserter
Inserter

Post by blueangel020 »

OMG so hatte ich es gemacht, habe nur das Zippen im Anschluss wieder vergessen ohhhh man ;) DANKE!!

Loko789
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Loko789 »

Kein ding ;)

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

I did update the mod for the new naming scheme in Factorio 0.10.7. Unfortunately, it's not compatible with maps which did use the previous version of the mod. Sorry for this. :(
Greetings, Nova.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Good mod.
I'm one of those that avoids the complete overhaul mods like DyTech, so this is just fine.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Return to “Mods”