prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[MOD 0.11.13] Tower Defense

Post by prg »

Yeah, I know. Artist badly needed.
Yeah, I know. Artist badly needed.
image.jpg (51.82 KiB) Viewed 16583 times
I can't be the first one to think about this, but I haven't yet found a working Tower Defense mod, so...
td.jpg
td.jpg (293.78 KiB) Viewed 16583 times
Features
  • Build a maze out of walls and turrets to keep biters that are spawning in waves and possibly multiple positions from reaching a valuable target
  • Campaign including a tutorial and three maps. Making new maps shouldn't be too hard
  • Four different, unlockable turrets
  • Simplified crafting recipies. You get to manage a small base for resources but are mostly busy building a maze
  • Decide what to spend your mining efforts on: money for turrets, stone for walls or coffee for science
It's not well balanced yet, I'm mostly interested to know what people think about the concept for now. Someone would still need to spend a lot of time on testing and adjusting stuff to make the gameplay not suck. There's currently a lot of boring waiting time between waves for mining and research. But it's already winnable and offers almost an hour of gametime (if you bother with the tutorial and read slowly.)

Just having this mod installed shouldn't affect the base game, at least for singleplayer. All new objects are disabled by default. Still, if one person in a (base) multiplayer game has this mod enabled, everyone needs to have it, even though it doesn't modify the base game.

Known issues
  • Outrageously ugly
  • Not well balanced
  • Not usable in multiplayer
  • Placing turrets and walls is slow on large maps, especially level 3
Ideas for the future (If there's any interest)
  • Increase time between waves to enable proper base building. Craft items required for turrets with multiple ingredients instead of just buying them with money (not as elaborate as the base game though)
  • Somehow make this work with random maps
  • Multiplayer. Coop: one person builds the base, another the maze. PvP: decide if you want to spend resources on upgrading your maze or sending better biters to your opponent
  • More things to research: maybe a stun turret, a tool to remove already placed turrets and walls, damage/range upgrades...
Please let me know what you think. Help with balancing and less awful graphics would be most welcome.
Attachments
td_0.1.0.zip
(624.92 KiB) Downloaded 2362 times
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.13] Tower Defense

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Like it.

XyLe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by XyLe »

great idea! should be interesting, gonna try it out!)

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

I don't know why but factorio can't din the mod in my mods folder.

l3ai
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by l3ai »

Hey prg I'm getting an error when trying to start a campaign with your mod. Am i doing something incorrect or is it not compatible with the current version?
Attachments
Error on 0.12.26
Error on 0.12.26
Error.png (809.42 KiB) Viewed 12173 times

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

If you're playing 0.12.26, take notice the mod is for version 0.11.13.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by prg »

Oh hey, someone dug this up again. I'll take a look if I can make it work with 0.12.
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by prg »

Return to “Mods”