[MOD 0.11.22] ValTech Flechette Rifle

Topics and discussion about specific mods
mngrif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[MOD 0.11.22] ValTech Flechette Rifle

Post by mngrif »

This adds a new weapon, a flechette rifle. The general idea is to balance around inventory space for firepower. A row of ammo in your inventory is roughly enough to take out 6 biter bases. It has a short range. This is an early game weapon and I created it to address the need of something to take out bases without requiring turret creeping. It unlocks with Military 2.

Pics or it didn't happen:

The idea of balancing around inventory space is something I've had for a while, and I went with a flechette rifle because all good scifi should have one. They tend to work terrible in real life, but it's fun to dream, right? "Flechette" refers to long thin needles, and usually lots of them. They work very well under water. Some of my favorite scifi that has featured them is Bungie's Marathon Infinity and Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flechette

Version 0.0.2: Download here, and if you get SSL problems please upgrade your browser.
Version 0.0.1: Here's a link to the previous version.
License is CC BY-NC 4.0
TODO
Last edited by mngrif on Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Silly Factorian Tricks
<_aD> OBSERVE SIGNAL ASPECT BEFORE CROSSING TRACK

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.14] ValTech Flechette Rifle

Post by darkshadow1809 »

I'll give it a try right now:) If you don't mind and its good i will add it to my modpack.

If you agree ofcourse;p
ShadowsModpackDevelopment

mngrif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mngrif »

"CC BY-NC 4.0" means it can be used for any non-commercial purpose so long as it is attributed (say, a link to this thread).

Yes, of course it can be distributed in mod packs :)
My Silly Factorian Tricks
<_aD> OBSERVE SIGNAL ASPECT BEFORE CROSSING TRACK

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Thank you for allowing me to use this mod:) Its added to the latest version now! looking forward for updates:) and possibly more / better versions of this weapon which cost more? Would be great for difficulty increasing mods like hardcorio or dytech warfare;)!
ShadowsModpackDevelopment

Return to “Mods”