Topics and discussion about specific mods
Cheata
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.11.19] 0craft MOD

Post by Cheata »

0craft

NO Crafting MOD

This is a simple mod which removes the players ability to craft in their inventory and adds a workshop at the start of the game to replace the crafting of necessary items before the assembling machine 1 is researched

latest version 0craft 1.0.2
old versions
Changelog
Current features
-Compatable with Dytech Core 1.1.3+
-Compatable with Dytech Machine 1.0.3+
-Compatible with Base Game Freeplay version 0.11.19
-Should work with previous versions of Factorio (0.11.0 +)
-Should work with most mods which don't alter starting recipes (untested on most mods as yet)
-Should work with most existing save games (partially tested)

Multi-player untested as yet although some compatibility should exist

TO DO
- Add Compatibility for Dytech
- Add Compatibility for other mods
- Balancing ????

Please post any bug reports, feature requests, balance suggestions etc to my GitHub https://github.com/Cheata/0craft
Last edited by Cheata on Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.11.19] 0craft MOD

Post by Kane »

People sure like rehashing this idea :P

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

Kane wrote:People sure like rehashing this idea :P
Sure, that a bit true ...
I've already made this, but the original mod who made this before mine needded to cheat eletricity and I don't liked this idea, so I made a mod ...
Maybe the reason for this guy is because mine is not visible ... :)

For my mod I'm trying to make a tool to discover all recipes that block the player to continue the game

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

y.petremann wrote:
Kane wrote:People sure like rehashing this idea :P
Sure, that a bit true ...
I've already made this, but the original mod who made this before mine needded to cheat eletricity and I don't liked this idea, so I made a mod ...

For my mod I'm trying to make a tool to discover all recipes that block the player to continue the game
That is cool nothing wrong with it. Just seen so many of these type mods last few weeks. Sort of interesting everyone seems to have very close interests.

Cheata
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cheata »

y.petremann wrote: Sure, that a bit true ...
I've already made this, but the original mod who made this before mine needed to cheat electricity and I don't liked this idea, so I made a mod ...

correct, when i did a quick search on the forum i didn't see your mod No hand crafting (1.0.1) and unfortunately it appears that we have thought along much the same lines when designing it, remove hand crafting, add burner assembler for required items to progress...

result 2 near identical mods XD

And yes i feel the original mod you refer to MOD 11.16 The "No Crafting Challange" Mod 0.2.3 gives way to easy a start what with accumulators and a full assembler

out of interest have you limited what the burner assembler can construct ?
and what is the compatibility with mods like dytech which modify the starting resources (in particular stone gears instead of iron)?

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

Cheata wrote:
y.petremann wrote: Sure, that a bit true ...
I've already made this, but the original mod who made this before mine needed to cheat electricity and I don't liked this idea, so I made a mod ...

correct, when i did a quick search on the forum i didn't see your mod No hand crafting (1.0.1) and unfortunately it appears that we have thought along much the same lines when designing it, remove hand crafting, add burner assembler for required items to progress...

result 2 near identical mods XD

And yes i feel the original mod you refer to MOD 11.16 The "No Crafting Challange" Mod 0.2.3 gives way to easy a start what with accumulators and a full assembler

out of interest have you limited what the burner assembler can construct ?
and what is the compatibility with mods like dytech which modify the starting resources (in particular stone gears instead of iron)?
For now my system work dynamicaly, based on the recipes that are enabled at start with a system of whitelist/blacklist, also my assembler is slower so players would rapidly change to electric version.
Finally I'm trying to make a script that should be capable of simulating a simplified version of the game and find crafts that needed to be done by hand and putting on the mentionned whitelist.

Cheata
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cheata »

y.petremann wrote: For now my system work dynamicaly, based on the recipes that are enabled at start with a system of whitelist/blacklist, also my assembler is slower so players would rapidly change to electric version.
Finally I'm trying to make a script that should be capable of simulating a simplified version of the game and find crafts that needed to be done by hand and putting on the mentionned whitelist.
yea sounds very similar to what i did but it also sounds like your much further along :)

one thing you might want to be aware of if you haven't already allowed for it. Some mods ( like dytech) added intermediates to certain recipes, classic example addition of frames to the refinery recipe meaning that the burner assembler needs 6 slots not the normal 5 to construct it

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

:D ... My assembler use already six slots ... and for the next update it would use the maximum number of ingredients of recipes it could craft (based on groups)

But you have a point, I prefer your graphics than mine ... I'm not really good at graphics ...

Cheata
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cheata »

y.petremann wrote: But you have a point, I prefer your graphics than mine ... I'm not really good at graphics ...
use it if you like. Ill probably stop supporting this unless a clear reason to keep it going appears, and it would be a shame to see 4 hours messing round in photo-shop go to waste (you may also need to copy some of the code from my entity.lua to get the animations working correctly)

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Cheata wrote:
y.petremann wrote: But you have a point, I prefer your graphics than mine ... I'm not really good at graphics ...
use it if you like. Ill probably stop supporting this unless a clear reason to keep it going appears, and it would be a shame to see 4 hours messing round in photo-shop go to waste (you may also need to copy some of the code from my entity.lua to get the animations working correctly)
No need to give up on it. Competition is what people need to come up with new ideas. Everyone ends up giving up we need people to keep going forward and create new ideas to beat their competition.

Cheata
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cheata »

Kane wrote: No need to give up on it. Competition is what people need to come up with new ideas. Everyone ends up giving up we need people to keep going forward and create new ideas to beat their competition.
Thank you for the vote of confidence :)

however in this case it is probably better to pool the resources and share ideas rather than compete with 2 basically identical products.

if at some point i decide i want my mod to go in a different direction to y.petremann then i will certainly continue supporting it, but at this time there is not point in redoing what has already been done

besides i only created this on the request of my flatmate and the time i would have spent working on this mod i can now put in to other things such as

bulldozer

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

Cheata wrote:
Kane wrote: No need to give up on it. Competition is what people need to come up with new ideas. Everyone ends up giving up we need people to keep going forward and create new ideas to beat their competition.
Thank you for the vote of confidence :)

however in this case it is probably better to pool the resources and share ideas rather than compete with 2 basically identical products.

if at some point i decide i want my mod to go in a different direction to y.petremann then i will certainly continue supporting it, but at this time there is not point in redoing what has already been done

besides i only created this on the request of my flatmate and the time i would have spent working on this mod i can now put in to other things such as

bulldozer
In fact you don't need to give up, I make mods originally for one purpose, playing with them.

matpmag
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by matpmag »

Just noticed a bit of an issue when playing with bobelecoveride from bobsmods:
  1. The pump recipe requires the basic circuit, an item that can't be made in the 0craft workshop
  2. In order to craft this, the assembler is needed, which requires power
  3. I'm unable to produce power because I can't provide water to my boilers without a pump :(
Besides this, I'm unable to research automation because of a lack of power. To fix this issue I've installed the steampunk mod and made sure that the player starts with a burner lab.
It would be great to have a fix from within this mod but equally if anyone can direct me to a mod that adds a simple coal-generator type item that could be used as a really early game power source that would be great!

I'm currently playing with a couple of other mods installed, so here is the list in case it makes any difference.
Mod List
Just a couple of mods...

Cheata
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cheata »

lol that looks suspiciously like shadows megamodpack

I might have a look at correcting this but in the meantime you should try y.petremann's no hand crafting as it is a little more advanced than this one atm :)

matpmag
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by matpmag »

Cheata wrote:lol that looks suspiciously like shadows megamodpack

I might have a look at correcting this but in the meantime you should try y.petremann's no hand crafting as it is a little more advanced than this one atm :)
Haha well noticed :D
Saved me downloading each of them individually, from there I removed a few mods that didn't suit me personally, and added a few others - like this one!
I've also changed a few of the recipes and configs. It feels kinda wierd using lua - the last time I played with that was in ComputerCraft for Minecraft ;)
DarkShadow is an awesome guy - his work certainly helped me in making this list :)

Yeah I'll check it out - thanks for the info!

baka
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by baka »

DyTECH and 0craft issue:
1. Can't build oil refinery and chemical plant without assembling machine 3.
2. For reserch automation 3 (open assembling machine 3) need sience pack 3.
3. For craft sience pack 3 need plactic.
4. For craft plastic need oil refinery and chemical plant.

Solutin: add crafting oil refinery and chemical plant with basic workshop if reserch oil processing.

Cheata
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cheata »

baka wrote:DyTECH and 0craft issue:

Solutin: add crafting oil refinery and chemical plant with basic workshop if reserch oil processing.

The oil refinery and chemical plant should already be in the basic workshop as i had anticipated this problem from the start, Unless dytech has made some changes recently that breaks this. I might look into it soon if i get time

baka
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by baka »

Cheata wrote:
baka wrote:DyTECH and 0craft issue:

The oil refinery and chemical plant should already be in the basic workshop as i had anticipated this problem from the start, Unless dytech has made some changes recently that breaks this. I might look into it soon if i get time
And pumpjack should be in the basic workshop.

Modules list:
1219.502618 Info ModManager.cpp:205: Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
1219.537440 Info ModManager.cpp:205: Loading mod base 0.11.20 (data.lua)
1220.199907 Info ModManager.cpp:205: Loading mod BeltBlocker 1.0.0 (data.lua)
1220.731164 Info ModManager.cpp:205: Loading mod Fluid Void 1.0.0 (data.lua)
1221.118893 Info ModManager.cpp:205: Loading mod Landfill 2.1.4 (data.lua)
1221.524381 Info ModManager.cpp:205: Loading mod TheFatController 0.0.11 (data.lua)
1221.913093 Info ModManager.cpp:205: Loading mod TimeButtons 0.2.1 (data.lua)
1222.304728 Info ModManager.cpp:205: Loading mod Treefarm-Lite 0.1.5 (data.lua)
1222.706711 Info ModManager.cpp:205: Loading mod VoidChestInstant 1.0.0 (data.lua)
1223.102494 Info ModManager.cpp:205: Loading mod CORE-DyTech-Core 1.1.3 (data.lua)
1223.776758 Info ModManager.cpp:205: Loading mod Treefarm-AC 0.1.5 (data.lua)
1224.300186 Info ModManager.cpp:205: Loading mod MAIN-DyTech-Machine 1.0.3 (data.lua)
1225.482847 Info ModManager.cpp:205: Loading mod MAIN-DyTech-Power 1.0.1 (data.lua)
1226.388320 Info ModManager.cpp:205: Loading mod MAIN-DyTech-War 1.0.2 (data.lua)
1227.510518 Info ModManager.cpp:205: Loading mod 0craft 1.0.2 (data.lua)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attachments
workshop.png
workshop.png (1.39 MiB) Viewed 10546 times
sience.jpg
sience.jpg (295.35 KiB) Viewed 10546 times

Cheata
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cheata »

I have just started up a game and confirmed that this mod is working correctly with default dytech (including the pumpjack)

do you have the base override for dytech turned off?

could you upload a copy of your save so i can perform some debugging with it?

baka
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by baka »

Cheata wrote:I have just started up a game and confirmed that this mod is working correctly with default dytech (including the pumpjack)

do you have the base override for dytech turned off?

could you upload a copy of your save so i can perform some debugging with it?
Sorry for long answer.

I can't disable base mod, because dytech depend from it. When I disable base mod automatically disabled dytech.
Save fro debugging in attach.

Other issues which I see.

1.In basic workshop I can't craft primary and trinary engines, only secondary.
2. When disable/enable mod basic workshop not added to inventory.

First issue you can check with save in attach.
You can check second issue:
1. Create new map and save it.
2. Disable 0craft mod and restart facrotio.
3. Load saved map. You get message about "disabled replays" and "remove item". Save map.
4. Enable 0craft mod and restart factorio.
5. Load save map. Basic workshop lost from inventory.

Factorio 0.11.20. 32bit
Attachments
oil.zip
(2.76 MiB) Downloaded 165 times

Return to “Mods”